A peek behind the scenes of this year's Oscar-nominated films  will reveal a ton of fun facts. Like, did you know that Leonardo DiCaprio  was snorting crushed B vitamins on the set of The Wolf of Wall Street? But aside from the movie trivia, the lives of the nominees are filled with interesting details too. To help you impress friends at your Oscars viewing party, here are some little-known facts to whip out as the stars walk the red carpet.
Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Amy Adams  (American Hustle) was born in Italy to a military family.
- Cate Blanchett  (Blue Jasmine) has been married for 17 years but got engaged after three weeks of dating.
- Sandra Bullock 's (Gravity) most commercially successful film is Gravity.
- Judi Dench (Philomena) has macular degeneration and can no longer read or watch films.
- Meryl Streep  (August: Osage County) dated her The Deer Hunter costar John Cazale, who also played Fredo in The Godfather, until his death in 1978.
Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Christian Bale 's (American Hustle) father, David Bale, was married to Gloria Steinem from 2000 until his death in 2003.
- Bruce Dern (Nebraska) is actress Laura Dern's father.
- Leonardo DiCaprio  (The Wolf of Wall Street) says he has never done drugs.
- Chiwetel Ejiofor's (12 Years a Slave) sister is a financial news reporter on CNN.
- Matthew McConaughey  (Dallas Buyers Club) does the chest-beating humming thing from The Wolf of Wall Street in real life.
Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Sally Hawkins's (Blue Jasmine) parents were children's book authors.
- Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle) graduated high school with a 3.9 GPA.
- Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave) received a master's from Yale School of Drama.
- Julia Roberts 's (August: Osage County) family knew Martin Luther King Jr.'s family. Coretta Scott King actually paid for Julia's mother's hospital bill when the actress was born, because the widow's children attended the acting school the Roberts family ran.
- June Squibb (Nebraska) could be the oldest person to win an acting Oscar at 84, beating out Christopher Plummer, who won for Beginners at 82.
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Barkhad Abdi (Captain Phillips) improvised his big line, "I'm the captain now."
- Bradley Cooper  (American Hustle) speaks fluent French after studying abroad in Aix-en-Provence.
- Michael Fassbender (12 Years a Slave) was born in Germany and speaks fluent German.
- Jonah Hill 's (The Wolf of Wall Street) father was an accountant for Guns N' Roses.
- Jared Leto  (Dallas Buyers Club) studied painting at Philadelphia's University of the Arts before going into acting.