Photo courtesy of Ralph Lauren
- Did you know the Olympics have a theme song? Here are the best Olympic songs from over the years.
- There are a lot of compelling Olympic storylines this year, like the biathlete who gave up her spot on the Olympic team to her twin sister.
- And try not to cry while watching this year's "Thank You, Mom" commercial.
- This year, figure skating will be more like gymnastics. For the first time, there will be a team competition, pitting country against country for what promises to be a dramatic battle. And there has already been some drama. At the national championships, American officials decided to put Ashley Wagner, 22, on the Team USA despite her fourth-place finish and disastrous performance. That ended the Olympic dreams of Mirai Nagasu, 20, who had secured the bronze medal at the competition. It was a rare move, as a third-place finish traditionally secures a ticket to the Games.
- It's been 20 years since the Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding saga. Here are throwback figure skating GIFs to remind you of that time and get you in the Olympic spirit. Triple-toe loops are really GIF-able!