Miranda Kerr tried on a range of dresses Tuesday while at a photo shoot in Palm Springs. She strutted her stuff in a short white number and also tried on a frock in hot pink — it looks like one assistant in particular was a big fan of her poses! The model has been extra busy with work lately, jetting from LA Sunday for a one-day trip and doing press for Victoria's Secret's new Bombshell line. She and her team at KORA Organics are also planning a revamp of their company's website, which hosts Miranda's personal blog. Miranda asked visitors of the site to send in personal affirmations, which they plan to feature on KORAOrganics.com daily starting in July.
Jennifer Lawrence Looks Lovely as She Shares About Getting Naked For the Big Screen and Being Treated Like a Star
Jennifer Lawrence brought her rising star to the pages of Elle with a spread in their June issue. The actress is coming off a thrilling award season full of honors for her performance in Winter's Bone, and she has more exciting roles to come. Jennifer will return to the big screen in this Summer's X-Men: First Class, and she played a part in The Beaver, which screened at the Cannes Film Festival today. She also just landed the lead in The Hunger Games. Jennifer may just be getting started, but she's already figuring out what it's like to get the star treatment. She spoke with the magazine about job perks, prepping for near nudity in X-Men, and her pre-Oscars meal. Here's more of what Jennifer Lawrence had to say in Elle:
- On prepping for her role in X-Men: “I knew that if I was going to be naked in front of the world, I wanted to look like a woman and not a prepubescent 13-year-old boy. I’m so sick of people thinking that’s what we’re supposed to look like.”
- On getting the star treatment: “When you’re on set, everybody’s like, ‘Oh, do you need water? Here’s 45 bottles!’ It’s really bizarre. I’m still getting used to it. I’m still in wonderland.”
- On her pre-Oscars meal: “Fifteen minutes before, the guy doing my hair goes, ‘If you can get a salad, get a salad…I said, ‘I’m getting a Philly cheesesteak.’ I’m sure there’s proof on a hotel bill somewhere.”
January Jones displayed a dramatic look on the cover of Allure's June issue, their first also available on iPads. She posed in a skimpy leotard inside the magazine, showing no sign of her pregnant belly — take a look behind-the-scenes at the sexy shoot. January has a lot to be excited about both personally and professionally since she's expecting her first child and gearing up for the release of X-Men: First Class. She was happy to chat about her private life, touching on what it's like to date in Hollywood, her indulgent diet, and her experience with therapy. Here's what January Jones had to say in Allure:
- On working with congressmen on a bill to outlaw shark finning: “I only had to sleep with 15 to 20 congressmen, took one for the team.”
- On trying therapy: "I was traveling so much, and I just needed to make sure I was grounded and had someone to talk to. She talked more than I did, which was hilarious and great and fun. I really like her. It was like having a girlfriend. But I’m not going to give her $300 an hour to have the same conversation I could have with my girlfriend.”
- On why it's hard to date men in the industry: “I’m sorry, I need to go away for three months and kiss other men while you stay here.”
- On her diet: "I’ll stop at McDonald’s and get a strawberry shake and fries and not feel guilty at all, because I deserve it.”
Britney Spears hit up the Wango Tango show in LA over the weekend, and she also recently found time to pose for the June cover of Harper's Bazaar. The pop star, who's gearing up for a big tour of North American to support her Femme Fatale album, spoke in an accompanying interview about how being a mom has changed her outlook and also described her perfect day. Britney also talked about what makes her show her tough side in the issue, which is out May 31. Britney Spears told Harper's Bazaar:
- On her perfect day: "Getting up with coffee — two cups of coffee. Having a good workout, taking a swim, my boys being there, and just having a good day at the pool — we have a theme-park slide. We'd have snow cones, then I'd go to the movies and spend time with my boyfriend. Maybe a Femme Fatale moment!"
- On how being a mom affects her career choices: "I think things through a little bit more, and I worry a lot. I’m more straightforward, and I speak up more than I did before. When I was younger, I wouldn’t speak up as much, but now that I’m a mom, things have changed."
- On her true 'It's Britney b*tch!' moments: "When things take a long time, I just get really stubborn. When I know that things are supposed to go a certain way [laughs] and when it's my time of the month."
Photos courtesy Alexi Lubomirski for Harper’s Bazaar
Lady Gaga worked it for photographer Terry Richardson's May cover of Harper's Bazaar. She modeled a pink wig similar to the one she sported in a recent Vogue shoot, and inside the magazine Gaga stripped down to pose on a piano then dressed up for another snap. She broke from a huge Born This Way tour, which she caused some headlines during earlier this week with a fall off her piano, to open up about her life and work. Gaga shared about her intense work ethic, thoughts on plastic surgery, and her persona. She said:
- On turning away from a Hollywood lifestyle: "I had all these number-one records, and I had sold all these albums, and it was sort of this turning point: Am I going to try and embrace Hollywood and assimilate to that culture? I put my toe in that water, and it was a Kegel-exercise vaginal reaction where I clenched and had to retract immediately. I ran furiously back to New York, to my old apartment, and I hung out with my friends, and I went to the same bars."
- On plastic surgery: "I have never had plastic surgery, and there are many pop singers who have. I think that promoting insecurity in the form of plastic surgery is infinitely more harmful than an artistic expression related to body modification."
- On her career plan: "You can quote me on this: People love you when they think you won't be around for very long, and people hate you when they can't get rid of you. But I'm not going anywhere."
January Jones got serious in a leather leotard on the cover of W magazine's May issue. She's gearing up for the June release of X-Men: First Class and also talking about her role in Mad Men, the AMC series that just got picked up for a fifth season. The interview isn't quite as controversial as January's feisty words in Marie Claire UK, but the actress opened up about getting along well with boys and being immune to rejection. Check out the full article when January's W debut hits newsstands on April 19. She said:
- On getting along with guys: "I'm really like a guy in a lot of ways. My screen saver is a picture of me with Eli and Peyton Manning taken at the Kentucky Derby. The most starstruck I get is around football players."
- On moving to NYC to model: "I was excited to be independent, but I was also naïve — I wanted to be rich and famous. I lived in an apartment near the Empire State Building. There were a billion girls in New York City who wanted to be models. After a while, I was immune to rejection, which helped when I went out to LA to become an actress."
Lauren Conrad is the lucky lady on the cover of Allure's May issue. Lauren, who just landed a book deal for an LA Candy spinoff series, was fully clothed for her photo spread while inside the magazine four other sexy stars bared it all in the annual Nudes feature. Ashley Tisdale stripped down to talk about growing up, Bridget Moynahan took it all off with confidence, Kaley Cuoco discovered she's more comfortable in her skin than she thought she would be, and singer Keri Hilson embraced her insecurities to pose sans clothes. LC may have remained covered up for the cameras, but she was open about her own body issues, feeling sexy, and her reality show past. Make sure to check out her quotes below and take a behind-the-scenes look at LC's Allure cover shoot!
- On wanting to take back any onscreen moments: “I was always a little bit embarrassed when I would be drunk on camera.”
- On being sexy: “I’m not a sexy person. I’m OK with it. I’ve never been the sexy girl. Whenever I’ve had a boyfriend, he’s always been like, "Oh, you’re cute.”
- On her body image: “If I’m shopping and I see paparazzi, my bag goes directly to my thighs.”
Reese Talks Elephants, Marriage, and Fan Love to Vogue as Robert Pattinson Calls Her "Raucous" and "Tough"
Reese Witherspoon posed for the cover of May's Vogue solo and with her Water For Elephants costar Tai the elephant inside. The pachyderm was also a favorite of her human buddy in the film, Robert Pattinson, who spoke to the magazine about how she is actually a lot tougher than her girl-next-door persona. Reese, who was recently spotted on her honeymoon in Belize with new husband Jim Toth, shared a bit about how her mom, and even the women of America, love him. The actress, a regular in Vogue over the years, also touched on how her fans give off lots of positive energy and seem to have a renewed interest in her love life. Reese said:
- Reese on her new husband Jim: "He’s wonderful. He’s just a really great guy, and I feel really lucky. It’s so cute: Over the holidays I was at a department store in LA with my friends, and these three women from Oklahoma came up to me, and they said, 'Reese. We are so happy for yeeew. We liiike this guy for yeeew.’ And I said, ‘You do?!’ ‘Yes, ma’am. We think he is a niiice man. We think he is going to treat you well and be good to yeeew.’ I was like, ‘Really?’ So sweet! And I told them my mother likes him very much, too."
- On getting love from fans: "I get hugged a lot. Which is fun. Mostly it’s all good, positive energy that comes to me. I like people. And at the end of the day, we’re all just people, you know? We’re all just going through it. Nobody’s life experience is all that much different than anyone else’s. We’ve all had our share of heartbreak. It’s the universal language of life."
- On fans renewed interest in her life: "Yeah. It usually heats up during, like, pregnancies or babies or marriage. It’s the drama of real life. . . . It’s interesting to people. Readers want to know! I was talking to an actress the other day who is pregnant right now, and she was like, ‘What is it? What’s the deal?’ She said, ‘Oh, maybe once I have the baby no one will pay any attention,’ and I was like, ‘Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!!! Oh, yeah. They will leave you alone after you have the baby. Suuure. That’s exactly how it works.'"
- Robert on what Reese is really like: "In terms of public perception, she’s thought of as America’s sweetheart. And she kind of is in a lot of ways. But I think that she’s a lot bawdier than that, a lot more raucous. It did actually shock me to see that. She’s tough. You wouldn’t want to get into an argument with her at all. . . . You can always tell that she will be incredibly nice to anyone who’s not an idiot, but it’s always very clear that there’s a line you really shouldn’t cross."
Britney Spears poses for this week's cover of Us Weekly and talks to the magazine about her life with boyfriend Jason Trawick, how she's "never been happier," and whether she has plans to walk down the aisle for a third time. Britney tells Us about Jason, "We have such a great time together! He makes me laugh, and we are so comfortable being ourselves." As for marriage? "Maybe. Never say never!" A wedding for Britney and Jason was your biggest celebrity prediction for 2011, and we've been surprised by Miss Spears on that front before. For now, though, she's focusing on her new album Femme Fatale, which is getting great reviews and debuted at number one on the Billboard charts! Plus, her hot video for "Till the World Ends" was just released.
Britney is currently preparing for a US tour this Summer and spending quality time with her sons Sean Preston and Jayden James. Britney's ex-husband Kevin Federline is also celebrating a milestone with his fifth baby on the way. We love seeing Britney so happy and healthy in her personal life and career!
Mariah Carey bared her very pregnant body for the new cover of Life & Style. Mariah and her husband Nick Cannon are expecting twins, a boy and a girl, later this Spring, and it sounds like the superstar mother-to-be thinks the babies are going to take after their parents. She also recently shared a picture of her stomach painted with her signature butterfly on Twitter. Inside the magazine, she talks about her recent trip to the hospital for a delivery false alarm, what it was like to pose naked while pregnant, and her newfound appreciation for all moms. Here are some quotes:
- On the shoot: "I was feeling very vulnerable about taking pictures at all right now, but then I didn't want to miss this opportunity to document this once-in-a-lifetime experience. My ultimate goal was to share this incredibly personal moment with my true fans."
- On the experience of posing: "The babies were kicking almost the entire time; it was unbelievable. Especially the girl — clearly she's a diva in training! We didn't start shooting until 1:30 a.m., because I was in the hospital from the night before until the day of the shoot with contractions five minutes apart."
- On her newfound respect for moms: "Now I have so much respect for mothers everywhere, especially those who've had difficult pregnancies or given birth to multiples. We need to have Mother's Day once a week!"