Drake and Rihanna  have been spotted on multiple rendezvous in Europe  over the past week, and naturally, rumors are swirling that the former couple could be giving things another try. In case you're not familiar with their back and forth, we've created a complete overview of Drake and Rihanna 's make-up and breakup history over the years. Scroll down for a timeline of their on-and-off romance.
Source: Getty 
Part 1: The Beginning, Then the End
- May 2009: After breaking up with Chris Brown  earlier in the year, Rihanna  is spotted smooching a mystery man at the Lucky Strike bowling alley in LA. He is later identified as an actor-turned-rapper named Aubrey "Drake" Graham.
- April 2010: Drake puts his feelings about Rihanna  on wax in the song "Fireworks." He alludes to their night at the bowling alley , rapping, "Who coulda predicted Lucky Strike would have you stuck with me? What happened between us that night, it always seems to trouble me," and "I'll never forget it baby, what an experience/You coulda been the one, but it wasn’t that serious."
- June 2010: In an interview with the NY Times , Drake vents about his short-lived relationship with the singer, saying, "I was a pawn. You know what she was doing to me? She was doing exactly what I've done to so many women throughout my life, which is show them quality time, then disappear. I was like, wow, this feels terrible."
Source: RihannaVEVO 
Part 2: Making Sweet Music Together
- October 2010: The duo's song, "What's My Name?" leaks on the Internet. The lyrics are telling of Drake and Rihanna 's rendezvous: "Good weed, white wine/ I come alive in the night time/OK, away we go /Only thing we have on is the radio ." At the time, Rihanna  is dating LA Dodgers player Matt Kemp.
- November 2010: The video for the song  is released and proves to be just as steamy as the song itself. Shortly after the clip hits the internet, Rihanna responds to Drake's claims of heartbreak in a radio interview, saying, "That was wrong; he doesn’t know what he’s talking about." She added, "We just became friends, and we left it at that. We get along really well."
- February 2011: Drake and Rihanna hit the stage for a supersexy performance of "What's My Name" at the Grammys. Their onstage chemistry and afterparty antics spark rumors that the two are back together, especially since Rihanna has since spilt from Matt Kemp.
- May 2011: Plot twist — Rihanna begins exchanging suggestive, lovey-dovey text messages with her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown , stirring up reports that the two are rekindling their rocky romance.
Part 3: We Cry and Bottles Fly
- April 2012: The video for Drake and Rihanna 's second duet, "Take Care," is released. The song depicts a couple acknowledging they have been hurt in their pasts but will look after one another, and the accompanying black and white clip shows the former couple looking emotional and embracing each other with Drake kissing Rihanna  on her forehead at the end. We shed a tear.
- June 2012: Despite their coziness in the "Take Care" video, it looks more and more like Rihanna  is ditching Drake for a reconciliation with Chris Brown . The former flames are spotted out at a nightclub together  even though Chris is dating Karrueche Tran. Just a week later, Chris and Drake are at the same NYC hotspot when a physical altercation breaks out  — reportedly stemming from the fact that both men dated Rihanna — and Chris winds up getting hit in the head with a bottle.
- February 2013: Rihanna and Chris Brown publicly confirm their reunion at the Grammy Awards, where they walk the red carpet solo but cuddle up in the front row . Weeks later, the two celebrate Rihanna's 25th birthday together  in Hawaii. Sorry, Aubrey.
Source: DrakeVEVO 
Part 4: Breakups, Makeups, and Mitzvahs
- August 2013: Chris and Rihanna  part ways, this time for good. Shortly after the split, she and Drake are spotted partying together  after the MTV VMAs.
- September 2013: During an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show , Drake gets grilled about his famous girlfriends and admits to dating Rihanna  as well as going on "one date" with Tyra Banks .
- November 2013: Rihanna  and Drake hit up a Houston strip club  together. They reportedly arrive separately but requested that their tables be side by side. Between the two of them, they spend $17,000 on lap dances — the couple that makes it rain together, stays together.
- January 2014: Drake once again reminds us that he and Rihanna had a thing going in a Bar Mitzvah-inspired sketch during his SNL hosting gig . It's like, "OMG, we get it!" you know? He also blows off the Grammys to party with Rihanna in Hollywood.
Part 5: Just Friends? OK, We'll Buy That
- February 2014: In a Rolling Stone interview , Drake reveals that he doesn't have a girlfriend and that he and Rihanna  are just friends, saying, "She's the ultimate fantasy. I mean, I think about it. Like, 'Man, that would be good.' We have fun together, she's cool and sh*t. But we're just friends. That's my dog for life." Sure, Jan .
- March 2014: Drake and Rihanna  kick off the month with a series of romantic-looking dates overseas. Rihanna  joins Drake on stage during his tour stop in Paris, and they go to dinner after the show. They are also spotted leaving restaurants and clubs together in Amsterdam and London, and the dating rumors pick up speed when they are caught holding hands  while leaving a bowling alley in Manchester, England. What is it with these two and bowling?
Tell us what you think — are Drake and Rihanna rekindling their romance, or are they just close pals?