They say a spicy meal promotes a faster metabolism while burning calories and breaking a sweat. El Scorcho Tostada calls for a fire hydrant. Full of spices, protein, fiber, nutrients and low in fat/carbs, this nutritious meal is made in minutes. If you still adore a healthy Tex-Mex meal without the fuego, reduce or eliminate the chili powder and chipotle flakes altogether.
- Level: Easy and Quick
- Yields: Serves 2
- 2 large sun dried tomato and basil tortilla wraps
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7 oz.) can of authentic mexican salsa
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small lime
Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees. Spread rice, beans evenly and centered on wrap. Make sure rice and beans are warmed in a separate pan before adding on tortilla wrap. Place tortilla and rice/beans over a cookie sheet lubricated in light olive oil so it does not stick. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until wrap is cruncy. Add rest of ingredients. Serve.
- Main Dishes