Firefighter Jakey G

Jake Gyllenhaal and his family were enjoying their Christmas at a lodge when a fire broke out. Well actually the fire was in the in middle of the night so people were not expecting to evacuate their rooms in their PJs. Here's more:

A fire broke out at Manka's Inverness Lodge in Marin County early Wednesday after a tree fell on the structure. The local fire chief called it a total loss.

Jake Gyllenhaal and sister Maggie were staying at the inn for Christmas. Guests were seen running outside at around 2:43 am. Said a neighbor: "They weren't dressed to come out. It was early."

Daniel DeLong, chef and co-owner, said Gyllenhaal assisted with recovery efforts: "Jake was helping me pull things out of the fire."

Of course he did! Jakey G seems just like the kind of guy who would lend a helping hand! We wish we could have seen what he was wearing to bed - we can only imagine. Actress Frances McDormand and Joel Coen were at the inn as well, and luckily no one was hurt.

Latest