George Clooney and Renee Zellweger got all cute and friendly on the December cover of W Magazine. How could you not love them! Love them! The release of their upcoming movie Leatherheads has been delayed (boo), but luckily we've got the awesome, funny, and cheeky banter between these two to tide us over. I can't wait to see the rest of the photo spread. Here are highlights from the interview:
- George on aging: “You can’t try to hide your age and you can’t try to pretend it isn’t there. You have to use it as a tool.”
- George on Renee: “In movies, so often the guy gets to be the one with all the answers. In this one, she’s the smart one. Which was incredible acting on her part.”
- Clooney on directing Renee: “She’s my friend, so I can be really direct. I can say, ‘That’s not a good angle,’ and not try to manipulate her, saying, ‘Well, maybe you’d be looking off over there because the moon is shining.’”
- Renee on working for George: He doesn’t even know how important his opinion has been to me over the years. I don’t want to disappoint him.”
- Renee on George the director: “I just get so proud that my head pops off. George is such a confident director, and he has no idea. And he’s a nice person. It gets boring hearing that, but it’s true. Every once in a while you get the real good guy. You’ve got your Jimmy Stewart. You’ve got your Paul Newman. Now you’ve got your George Clooney.”
It's not all that often that just seeing a cover makes me want to run out and buy the magazine, but this is definitely one of those times. The fact that these two obviously respect each other so much and can make fun of each other too is excellent. How much fun would it be to sit down with these two for a beer?