Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- According to Milan Fashion Week schedulers, Gucci will open the Spring 2013 shows in that city on Sept. 19. Giorgio Armani, who normally closes the week, will instead show midway through on Sept. 23, prompting some to believe that he has different plans for the end of the week. [The Cut]
- Amber Valletta stars in Pucci's very first ad campaign, photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot. [Design Scene]
- For the first time in five seasons, Oscar de la Renta's ad campaign doesn't involve Karlie Kloss. Instead, the brand's Fall 2012 ads feature Candice Swanepoel and Katryn Kruger. [Fashion Gone Rogue]
- Issey Miyake will release a fragrance called Pleats Please. It will hit Austria next month, but it won't hit the United States until 2013. [WWD]
- What's Michael Kors's favorite escape? The beach. "If I could, I'd burn every shoe I own." But will he drink beer on the beach? "Sure! I’m American — why not?" [Daily Front Row] Above: The finale of Gucci's Fall 2012 show.
All right here, in our daily news roundup.
Lindsey Wixson — who recently celebrated her 18th birthday — wears Gucci on the cover of Numéro's June/July 2012 issue. [Design Scene]
Mulberry's Del Rey bag hits the brand's SoHo store in New York today. In honor of the launch, the label will offer manicures inspired by the bag's namesake, Lana Del Rey, from 5:30 until 8 p.m. tonight. [Fashion Etc.]
Giorgio Armani will host a series of fashion-related Q&A sessions on Twitter. Dubbed #ArmaniTweetTalks, the discussions will feature notable guests such as Yoox founder Federico Marchetti, Susanna Lau, and Tommy Ton. The series starts June 1 with Vogue China editor in chief Angelica Cheung as the special guest. [Armani]
Taylor Tomasi Hill and Creatures of the Wind designers Shane Gabier and Chris Peters are among those who sing the praises of — and show off their favorite — Comme des Garcons pieces ahead of Rei Kawakubo's upcoming CFDA honor. [Style]
Speaking of the CFDAs: Jessica Paré, Lily Collins, and Jessica Chastain will present awards at the ceremony next week. Chastain will present the award for womenswear, while Paré will present the accessories awards. Collins will present all the Swarovski Awards for Emerging Talent. [The Cut]
Richard Nicoll's new bridal line for Topshop, titled "Tie The Knot!", has been revealed. "I liked the idea of making a modern affordable alternative to meringue culture," the designer said of the seven-piece range. [Fashionista]
H&M released its Fall 2012 lookbook earlier this month, and now there's a video version. Watch it below. [Fashionologie Inbox]