It was Andrew Lloyd Webber week on American Idol, and I'd love to tell you what I thought about the performances, but I was too busy singing along to notice. I'm kidding (kind of), but how fun to see some of our favorite Broadway ballads brought to the Kodak Theater stage. The judges banter was sadly kept to a minimum, despite the fact that they have to fill the hour with only nine to 12 minutes of singing. Just saying.
- I'm beginning to think that Syesha could surprise us all in the end. Not only did she look smoking hot last night, but she sounded awesome and finally showed off some personality. Simon thought it was sexy.
- Jason Castro was not even all right for me, dawg. His voice sounded weak and, come on, he didn't know the songs in Cats are sung by cats?
- Okay, Brooke White, enough with the false starts. For the second time she started and stopped her performance to try again. I found it pretty audacious, as did Paula, but Simon and Randy seemed to think it was the right thing to do. She's still pretty adorable but losing her charm.
- Little David Archuleta followed Andrew Lloyd Webber's advice and kept his eyes open! He also had one of the best song choices of the night with "Think of Me." I didn't even mind that he mixed it up a little; the judges loved it too.
- ALW definitely saved Carly be steering her towards "Jesus Christ Superstar" and away from "All I Ask of You." Simon thought she was a bit shouty — true. Love her dress.
- While I love David Cook's song choice with “Music of the Night,” I have mixed feelings about the performance. He sounded great and really put his heart into it, but there's just something a little silly about Mr. Rocker going Broadway.
Overall, I really enjoyed Andrew Lloyd Weber night and thankfully no one totally botched it. Highlights: Syesha and David Archuleta. Bottom three: Brooke, Jason, Carly. I think we may be saying farewell to our dreadlocked Castro tonight. Check out Buzz for more on last night and let us know who you think is going home.
Photo courtesy of Fox