Today Barack Obama might be all serious while trying to fix the dismal economy, but in this behind-the-scenes video taken this Summer he's just a teasing dad talking about his daughter's love for the Jonas Brothers. During the DNC, Barack bet Malia $5 that she would stammer and have nothing to say when she met Nick Jonas. Watch the adorable clip, which includes some dance moves by the now president. I'm still wondering: Who won the bet?!
- The Jonas Brothers surprised Malia and Sasha Obama yesterday after the inauguration, when the girls took a scavenger hunt with their friends around the White House and opened the last door to find their favorite boy band waiting for them. — ABC
- William Balfour pleaded not guilty in court yesterday for the charges brought against him in the murders of Jennifer Hudson's family. — AP
- After revealing in court papers that she has called the police on her estranged husband twice, Kelly Rutherford's rep said she is "a wonderful mother" and just trying to restore "normalcy" to her family's life following all of her divorce drama. — Us Weekly
- Alyssa Milano dropped her case against an alleged stalker because of a previous injunction against him that can be enforced anywhere in California. — TMZ
- Robert DeNiro, Chris Matthews, John Cusack, and other celebrities made toasts at the Huffington Inauguration Party on Monday night in celebration of our new president. — Huffington Post
Though tomorrow's inaugural balls may call for black ties and heels, your lil one doesn't need to get all decked out to celebrate like the Obamas. Get the party started at home with some festive food, and then tune into the Kids' Inaugural: We Are the Future Concert this evening. The concert, which will be attended by Michelle Obama, Jill Biden, and their families, will honor military families with live performances by Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, Demi Levato, and Bow Wow. Usher, Keke Palmer, Billy Ray Cyrus, and Shaquille O'Neal are all scheduled to appear as well.
Be sure your lil partiers have their dancing shoes on by 8 p.m. (EST) tonight, as the concert will be shown on the Disney Channel and simulcast on Radio Disney then.
- Jennifer Hudson will sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl on Feb. 1, her first public performance since her family members' deaths. — E! Online
- The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus will be performing at a concert for children the night before Barack Obama's inauguration, and it will air on Disney. — AP
- Former American Idol contestants Kimberly Caldwell and David Cook have ended their relationship. The couple split right before Christmas, supposedly because David felt tied down. — Us Weekly
- Oprah praised Kate Winslet for her "real breasts" when the Golden Globe winner appeared on her show and discussed how to tell when breasts are fake. — Oprah
- American Idol's new judge, Kara DioGuardi, got engaged to her boyfriend Mike McCuddy in December while they were in Mexico. — Entertainment Tonight
- Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough announced that he and his wife Leigh are expecting their first baby together in June. — People
There weren't a whole lot of bright colors for the men on the red carpet at last night's Golden Globes but if it ain't broke, there's no use in fixing it. Even without taking any chances, the boys looked great on a sunny LA day that allowed for some of them to sport their sunglasses. Tom Cruise looked fantastic as his wife was performing her last show on Broadway before immediately heading to LA to meet up with her husband for the after parties. Brad Pitt didn't leave Angelina's side while Leonardo had Kate Winslet on his arm for the photos. Some of our favorite TV stars like Jon Hamm, David Duchovny, and Kiefer Sutherland got to mingle with the big screen elite and everyone cleaned up well for the big show. Be sure to check out all the ladies on the red carpet and see the list of winners here. Now, back to looking at these handsome men.
The guys were left to their own devices on the red carpet at the American Music Awards last night, but there weren't many surprises. Boy bands NKOTB and the Jonas Brothers never miss an opportunity to show off their formal wear, while Nick Lachey got suited up to publicly pose with Vanessa. Chris Brown mixed funky and classy with his leather jacket and bow tie, while Kanye and his tail managed to stand out without getting dressed up. While their performances were the highlights of the night, it's always fun to see what the guys pull out of their closets for the photo ops.
Some of the biggest names in the music industry came out last night for the Spirit of Life Award Dinner in LA, honoring Universal Music Group CEO Doug Morris for his commitment to philanthropy. Rihanna, Mariah, and Adam Levine were just a few who showed off their vocal talents on stage, while Gwen Stefani and Sheryl Crow cheered from the audience. Nick Cannon was right there for Mariah after her performance, but Rihanna was without her constant companion Chris Brown, making us wonder if there's any truth to the rumors that she's got a new man. Jay-Z posed with his protege before kicking off his tour with the help of DJ AM later in the night.
We may have already checked out the beautiful ladies and casual men on the blue carpet but we're going to have to wait until later tonight to watch all the action that happened during the actual Teen Choice Awards Show. Miley Cyrus was the host who also performed along with Mariah Carey who once again dressed the part. The night was full of youngins' like the Jonas Brothers, High School Musical stars, and the cast of Gossip Girl but we were excited to see grown-ups like the Beckhams, Will Smith, and Adam Sandler. These A-listers aren't afraid to get goofy or show their gratitude for their young fans. Tune in to FOX tonight to catch all the excitement but enjoy the sneak peek here now and if you want to know the winners click here.
To see tons more images of including the adorable Beckham boys, the cast of GG, HSM, Hayden Panettiere, Minka Kelly, Selena Gomez, Steve Carell and more including some spoilers of winners just read more
Ashlee Simpson went layered winter chic last night at the 2007 CosmoGirl Born to Lead Awards in NYC. Pete was there to support his December cover girl and even brought the rest of his band along for the party. The night before, Ashlee was by his side for his Angels and Kings Karaoke party, where he talked about how she's been helping him with his broken foot. He said, "When I'm being hard-headed and I don't want to elevate it, she says, 'No, put it on the pillow!' When I try to get in the shower by myself and am going to end up falling on the hotel room floor, she's good at stopping me." These two have come a long way in their relationship, we just hope he's as nice to her as she seems to be for him.
To see lots more pics of the event including Raven Simone, Eva Amurri and Jordin Sparks, just read more