I made this for my 9-month old and found it tasty enough I made it for all of us. Of course, for her I pureed it.
I would suggest doubling if making it for 4.
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 cubes stewing beef
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) macaroni or other dried pasta
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
In a saucepan, combine first 6 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally until meat is thoroughly cooked ~25-30 minutes. The consistency should be that of a thick stew.
Remove from heat; add basil and cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
Puree if you want. Yield is about 16 to 18 cubes.
- Main Dishes, Beef