There are some trends that come and go like the wind; then there are those that come and claim their spot in the fashion arena. Black leather pants is one of those trends that came on strong and has been growing even stronger since. Everyone from Heidi Klum to Gisele Bundchen to Nicky Hilton to Kim Kardashian are helping black leather pants stay relevant by rocking them at the hottest events around town. In particular, J Brand has a couple pairs that stars are loving right now. Step inside to see a handful of Hollywood stars wearing black leather pants, then shop the edgy trend for yourself.
>> Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Grand theft fashion! Police are on the hunt for a "chic, well-dressed woman" they believe is responsible for the theft of a $17,000 handbag from the Ralph Lauren women's boutique on New York's Upper East Side. The bag, a version of the Ricky bag made from African crocodile skin, went missing last month. Anyone who might know its whereabouts is encouraged to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS. [Styleite]
- Aliza Licht, the publicist who tweets from @DKNY, sent out over 1,100 missives on the social networking site in February. That's nearly three times as many tweets as the second biggest users of Twitter in the fashion industry — Kate Spade and Betsey Johnson only sent around 350 tweets in the same month. Only. [The Fashion Spot]
- Giorgio Armani took some flak for sending out an email announcement of his new Sense of Being campaign, which depicts British Olympians wearing his sportswear alongside inspirational messages, about a minute before Stella McCartney unveiled her uniforms for the British Olympic team. The jury is still out on whether or not you can actually steal someone's thunder via email. [The Cut]
- Mischa Barton is adding clothing to her line of products. She's had her own line of handbags since 2008, but her line of clothing and accessories, called Mischa's Place, started selling online today. [Stylelist]
- Longchamp, the French handbag company that makes the ubiquitous nylon-and-leather handbags, announced today that it's going to start selling shoes to complement those bags this Summer. The shoes, which range in price from $285 to $735, will be available in July. [Fashion Etc.]
Actress Mischa Barton added handbag designer to her résumé in 2008, but now she's expanding her fashion repertoire with a line of retro-inspired accessories and clothing. "I've always had a serious love of fashion, and it all started with my handbag line . . . This current clothing and accessories line has a fun, youthful vibe," Mischa told us.
So what exactly can we expect to see? "The line is full of versatile pieces like dresses that can be accessorized differently for day or night, adorable graphic tees, leggings, shorts, and skirts." Before you go off and shop the funky, fab collection — priced from $60 to $250 — at Mischasplace.com, find out what the designer had to tell us about her personal style, go-to pieces, and favorite colors of the moment.
CelebStyle: How would you describe your own personal style?
Mischa Barton: Eclectic. I’m influenced by all of the arts like film, photography, and music. In general, I like to dress up basic outfits with accessories like jewelry and handbags.
CS: What are your go-to pieces in your closet that you always gravitate toward?
MB: A great pair of jeans, an awesome t-shirt, and shoes — boots, flats, and the occasional gorgeous heel.
CS: What are your favorite colors of the moment and why do you love them?
MB: Mustard, tan, black, white, and a nice steel blue. I find this range of colors go well together and are always complementary.
With Valentine's Day just eight days away, let the prepping begin! Instead of standing in front of your closet scratching your head on what to wear, why not look to five red-hot celeb ensembles? Whether you're going on a full-on fancy affair or something a bit more low-key, here are five looks from Emma Roberts, Elizabeth Banks, Emmy Rossum, Kate Bosworth, and Mischa Barton that will definitely get your love's heart racing.
Mischa Barton showed off her hot bikini body in a skimpy black two-piece lounging on the beach in Miami on Tuesday. The actress looked to be in good spirits as she chatted with a friend and worked on her tan. Mischa is currently focusing on her fashion career more so than acting, but whatever she's doing looks to be agreeing with her. She does have a couple movie projects in the works as well, so perhaps we'll be seeing more of Mischa in the coming year. For now though, joining the throngs of celebrities in bikinis, from Sofia Vergara to Katy Perry, seems like a great way to close out 2011.
Looks like these dogs have their eyes on the prize . . . and the prize is a yummy Pup-Peroni treat! Mischa Barton and her cute pups checked out a nonverbal-communication event in LA sponsored by the food brand — I wonder if they learned any of these tricks and stayed away from these bad signs, too?
The dogs got walked together and watched the photographer and the rest of the fun while out in the sunshine. See the rest of the pics of Charlie, Ziggy, and Mischa below.
Mischa Barton partied with her model pal Irina Lazareanu Tuesday night in Paris to celebrate Dita Von Teese's 38th birthday. The actress is in France after a seriously PDA-filled trip to Milan with her music-loving boyfriend DJ Ali Love. Mischa's enjoyed an extended hiatus from work to focus on fashion and traveling, but some of her former O.C. buddies are reuniting for a new project. Rachel Bilson will team up with the series creator, Josh Schwartz, on his next show, a primetime comedy called Ghost Angeles.
To see more of Mischa in Paris, just read more
Mischa Barton was hand in hand with her boyfriend, DJ Ali Love, last night for a romantic walk around Milan. The actress is in Italy to attend events during Fashion Week, and earlier in the day she posed for photos at parties thrown by Salvatore Ferragamo and Glamour. She and Ali were rumored to have parted ways recently, but they were clearly going strong as they enjoyed their PDA-filled stroll. Mischa and her man aren't strangers to loved-up getaways, as they were also spotted letting loose over the Summer while on a yacht near St. Tropez. Click through to see the latest photos of Mischa and Ali!
Mischa Barton looked fresh and stylish in her floral jacket and white oxfords as she stopped to get gas in LA. She wore a Victorian inspired, midriff-baring ruffle blouse under her little coat, and torn skinny jeans nicely contrasted the rest of her girly look. This L'wren Scott jacket has a similar feel, so check it out now along with other like pieces.
Mischa Barton paired her bikini top with a pair of denim shorts recently as she let loose on a yacht in St. Tropez with a few friends. The actress was spotted smoking some kind of rolled cigarette, which looked similar to the item she was seen lighting up during a night of clubbing in LA back in 2008. She enjoyed a French vacation with pals and her new boyfriend, Lee Tinklin, who goes by the name DJ Ali Love professionally. Their romance is apparently a spicy one, as they spent an afternoon last week in London stocking up on lingerie at Coco de Mer.
To see more Mischa, just read more