I spotted this recipe in Rachel Ray's "Everyday" Magazine last night at my mom's house and they look so darling and delicious. I think I could make this recipe even better by substituting crushed Oreos for the ice cream cones.
Cupcake + ice cream = happiness!
Mocha Ice Cream Cupcakes
Makes 6 cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 min (plus 1 hour for chilling)
One 12-count box sugar ice cream cones
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
One 3-ounce bar semisweet chocolate, plus more for shavings
3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
1/2 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
1. Using a food processor, grind the ice cream cones into fine crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the butter. Divide the crumb mixture among the cups of a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and press about three-quarters of the way up the sides of each cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon almonds into each cup.
2. In a small, microwaveable bowl, melt 3 ounces chocolate at medium power in intervals, stirring occasionally. Top the almonds with the melted chocolate to cover. Freeze for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons ice cream into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped espresso beans onto the ice cream and flatten with the back of a spoon. Add another 2 tablespoons ice cream and the remaining almonds and flatten again. Add the remaining ice cream and espresso beans, and flatten. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
4. Whip the cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
5. Run a knife around the edges of the muffin cups to remove from the pan. Top the cakes with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Recipe by: Silvana Nardone
From Every Day with Rachael Ray