As you know Buzz is covering the Summer TCAs to report the latest network news as they promote their fall programming. Pop came along for the NBC ride and boy am I glad to be here. The network announced lots of great news (Welcome back Jerry Seinfeld), launching more online content a la Heroes and live chatting during your favorite shows. Here are some highlights so far from a Pop point of view:
- Andy Samberg totally dodging the dating Natalie Portman question with this response: "pretty much every host that comes to the show, we all sleep with, so it's written into the contract when you get there --- so by those standards, yes"
- Scrubs Exec-Producer, Bill Lawrence joking that the highly anticipated remake of Fletch won't happen since "Neither Zach or John would star in it, so i was screwed." He then shifted back the topic to TV but we're still holding out for that movie to make it on the big screen.
- Tina Fey admitting that of NBC's two backstage life at a sketch comedy series, she had no doubt hers would be the one to last. Studio 60 is gone but Tina said she knew "100 percent" that her show would survive. She said, "I have a nasty SNL competitive streak in me, so I'm going to say 150 percent."
- Adorable cardigan wearing John Krasinski feeling a blow to the ego as exec producer Greg Daniels admits that the Pam and Jim story line is a "B plot." At that point, John joked and stood up and said, "good night" to the crowd but lucky for us he did not actually leave.
- Other observations: Jason Lee was practically mute (boo); Tina Fey is getting prettier everyday; Zach Braff is cuter in person while Andy Samberg needs a new hoodie.
Click here to check out lots of funny one liners from the panel.
To see lots more NBC stars from Thursday night's comedies, the new show Life, SNL, and more just read more
Adam Arkin, Benjamin Silverman, Bob Costas, Damian Lewis, Darrell Hammond, Fred Armisen, Jason Lee, Jerome Bettis, John Krasinski, John Madden, Keith Olbermann, Kenan Thompson, Lorne Michaels, Tiki Barber, Tina Fey, Zach Braff, Beth Comstock