Naomi Watts sexed up a basic button up and men's ties for the latest cover of Esquire. The photoshoot seems lighthearted and fun, a side of her we don't typically get to see on the big screen. In the article she explains why she'd rather do scary and serious films than comedic ones, being BFF with Nicole Kidman, and what it's like working with her man Liev. Here are highlights:
- On why she picks the roles that she does: "Don't get me wrong. I'd love to do more comedy, but that kind of thing is just not truthful to me."
- On working on scary movies: "I like playing scared. It's fun — and besides, no one
is that perfect. There's always another side, and that's the fun of it. I love to crack it all open, to find the contradictions we all have in ourselves."
- On working with Liev: "It's terrifying, because he's so, so good. We talk about projects, process and then we laugh and say, thank God no one was here to hear that."
To see what Naomi had to say about waiting for her big moment and her friend Nicole Kidman, just read more
- On missing out on certain roles: "I'd play mind games on myself. I'd say, OK, I want that, but somebody else wants what I have. Somebody else wants a SAG card, somebody else wants a $3,000 car."
- On watching Nicole become a star before she did: "People always say it must have been hard, but the truth is, it kept success within the realm of what is possible."
Naomi may have had to wait a little longer than Nicole for her big break, but it seems like everything worked out for the successful star in the end.