Penelope Cruz showed off her pretty face and hot legs in an artsy photo shoot for the August issue of W Magazine. She's already having a busy summer working on Broken Embraces and will get back into promotional mode for next month's Vicky Cristina Barcelona, but she took a break to talk about her career, her dedication, and even a tiny bit about Javier. Here are highlights:
- On practicing choreography for her upcoming film, The Nine: “In one day my hands were already peeling. When I saw that I said, you know, ‘This is happiness.’ Working with your body and sweating and bleeding.”
- On her motto to always face her fears: "I’m very strict with that. I try not to run away from things because I’m scared of them. When you feel you have to say something to someone, and your heart starts going fast because it could be controversial, I always vote for saying it."
- On Javier Bardem: “I think he’s the best actor alive. I think he has an amazing talent. I saw it in the very first scene we did together.”
To see what else Penelope said about her career and facing her inner demons, just read more.
- On her inner turmoil: “I’m always finding very tricky and hidden ways to sabotage any beautiful moment. And it’s something so internal that I don’t think even my friends or family can catch me doing it. But I catch myself doing it. I’ve had that battle since I was a little girl. It’s like, Uh-oh, here it is again, the monster! Go away and leave me alone!”
- On her career: "Right now I feel ready to do one movie every year or two. One that I really feel 100 percent excited about. And then dedicate the other time to other things. Living, you know, life.”
Love that Penelope couldn't help but gush a little about her man, considering she's usually one to keep her personal life super private.