Jessica Simpson  is front and center on the cover of March's Allure , and inside the magazine she strikes even more pretty poses and looks back at her style evolution . The issue, which hits newsstands on the 23rd, was timed to coincide with the debut of her new show, The Price of Beauty  before it airs March 15. Jess was recently caught up in controversy when John Mayer talked about their sex life in Playboy , but she classily just shrugged it off  and was much more discrete when discussing John, Tony Romo , and those unflattering jeans . She said:
- On going brunette while dating John Mayer : “He didn’t make me go brunette! John doesn’t get credit for making me brunette. He’d like to think so, but he doesn’t deserve the credit.”
- On turning 30: “I never really thought, growing up, what am I gonna be like when I’m 30? I just kind of thought I had it figured out: I’m going to be this great pop star, have my songs on the radio, be married, and have babies. . . But things can be taken away from you. A song can not be played on the radio. An album can not work.”
- On Tony Romo: “I’m still a fan. I’m a huge fan. I wear my gear, and I cheer Tony on. You know, I talked to Tony today. None of my breakups, none of it’s been bitter.”
To see what Jess has to say about her unflattering jeans, and never doing nudity, just .
- On life after her mom-jeans photo: “When I walk through an airport and people go, ‘You’re not fat!’ I’m like, ‘Thanks. That’s great. Good to know I’m not fat today! Thank you!’”
- On acting: “I will never do nudity . . . I don’t care if I frickin’ could get an Oscar for it, I’m not going to do it. Those accolades mean nothing to me. I don’t think people deserve to see what’s under my clothing. That’s only for my next husband—ha-ha-ha.”