Beyonce Knowles showed off some huge bracelets on the cover of Elle and looked fierce with her heavy eye makeup inside the issue. She's been busy promoting her double album and walking red carpets for Cadillac Records with Jay-Z by her side. In the article Beyonce's shares her sweet side, including that she donated her Cadillac Records salary to the Phoenix House in NYC. Here are some highlights from the interview where Beyonce talks about her husband, kids, and playing Etta James:
- On her relationship with Jay-Z: "It’s a power struggle. But if I didn’t respect someone and they didn’t have that strength, then I would be bored. I wouldn’t be attracted to them."
- On her life: "There are a lot of things I never did, because I believe in watching those true Hollywood stories and I see how easy it is to lose track of your life. Think about Marilyn Monroe."
- On having a baby: "No way! I’m terrified of delivering a child because I saw my nephew being born. That traumatized me. I’m only 27. I’ve got time."
- On being affected by playing Etta James: "My mom had to leave the set. I don’t normally curse. Maybe twice a year. I have to be really livid. Somebody saying things or scheduling something where I’m not in control. It was freeing, but it was also the most emotionally draining time of my life. Every day I would come home; my eyes would be completely swollen."
- Tina on Sasha Fierce: “Her cousin Angie gave her that name. We’d tease Beyoncé about having a split personality. Me and Angie and Ty, her stylist, would work with her doing a quick change when she’d come off the stage between sets. Beyoncé would start screaming, ‘What’s wrong with you? Where’s my shoe?’ ‘Uh oh,’ we’d say, ‘Sasha is here.’ I’m like, This is some crazy person who’s doing this quick change. She’s another person up there. We don’t take it personally. Sasha is her bragging side…I don’t know whether to say it, but her hip-hop side.”