Lindsay Lohan is on the cover of December's Harper's Bazaar looking happy and healthy for their "Fabulous" holiday issue. She sat down to chat about her newly released leggings line, but she also opened up about many other things — including her family, her relationship with Samantha, and her career. Here's more:
- On her current relationship: "I think it's pretty obvious who I'm seeing. I think it's no shock to anyone that it's been going on for quite some time . . . She's a wonderful person and I love her very much."
- On her family's reaction to Samantha: "It's never really come up as an issue. We're close; we've been through a lot. They're supportive of me whether I'm with a guy or a girl. They're just supportive of me as a person. Ali's known Samantha for a really long time. And she's like, 'Whatever it is, I support you. I probably won't ever do what it is you're doing, but I'm happy for you.' Ali's very mature. I've told her that it's okay to like a boy or a girl if you're comfortable with it and it's something you believe you want to do. And I told her not to be afraid of who she wants to be."
- On her father's rude comments toward Samantha: "I would love to say it's surprising, but it's not. It doesn't bother me as much as embarrass and hurt me. And put a knife in my back. And it's hard because I was flipping through channels and someone on E! called him a loser. And that's my f-ing father!"
To see more photos from the magazine, as well as what Lindsay has to say about her life before rehab, whether she considers herself a lesbian, and the possibility of babies, just read more.
- Of her life pre-rehab: "I was going to clubs all the time, and it was not okay. I was so alone. It made me not focus on what I was doing . . . I was living here [at the Chateau Marmont] for almost two years. Who blows that much money on a hotel? I could have bought a house! I did it to myself, and I have to deal with the consequences. I'm thankful for what I can take out of it. Now I feel clear. That's my past, and I'm a different person now. I have goals and I'm working to achieve them. I'm not hanging out with people who are out every night getting f-ed up. And — I think that I'm happy."
- On her previous relationships:
Q: Has she previously been with a girl?
A:"I don't know. Maybe."
Q: Would she classify herself as bisexual?
- On having babies someday: "I don't know if I could really set a time because then it's like pressure to do it and failure if I don't. It shouldn't be about that. It should be about knowing that you're ready."
It's great to see that Lindsay's head is in the right place, resisting labels and not setting timelines for things in the future. With most of her family and Samantha by her side, she's finally got her priorities back in order.