Reese Witherspoon's beautiful blue eyes pop on the November cover of Vogue, and inside she looks stunning pictured around Paris. We saw Reese posing for this shoot back in July and now we get to see the finished product. In the article, Reese tells the story of finding her Oscar gown, becoming the quintessential Nina Ricci woman, and even a little bit about her family and Jake. Here are highlights:
- On Jake: "He's very supportive. Suffice it to say, I'm very happy in life, and I'm very lucky to have a lot of really supportive people around me who care very much for me, and, you know, that's all you can hope for in life. I am very blessed in that way."
- On traveling with her children: "I'm very lucky I get to bring my children to great places and they get to see the world with me, and we get to grow and learn and experience things together."
- On life: "Every once in a while you're hit with moments when you think, really? This is my life. How lucky am I?"
To see more photos from the shoot and read what she has to say about why she was drawn to Four Christmases and empowering women, just read more.
- On making Four Christmases: "There are so many dynamics that people deal with all the time, and you don't really see it in movies very much. You don't see the blended-family Christmas very much. And it really is a complication in a lot of people's lives now. How do you see your mother and your father and not hurt anyone's feelings? You know, I didn't grow up like that. I mean, my parents are still married, and my grandparents stayed married, but it's a situation my own children will have to deal with, so it was of interest to me."
- On playing a superhero in Monsters vs. Aliens: "I have a history, a long history of being stereotyped as a five-foot-two woman, which is very limiting. I've worked so hard to create characters that have dignity, and I think everybody knows that I have a very pro-woman message in my work — and in my life."
After all these years in movies, being one of the most powerful women in Hollywood, Reese still seems so humble and kind. It's no wonder why Jake seems so smitten. Check out more from Reese when the issue hits newsstands.