Julia Roberts graces the September cover of Elle looking gorgeous and ready to promote Eat Pray Love. Inside she gushes about her husband and family, denies using Botox, and gives us a peek at life on the Ocean's sets with George Clooney, Matt Damon, and Brad Pitt. Buzz also has delicious quotes from Julia about the all the eating and her costar Javier Bardem, who said that the movie isn't just for women at the recent junket. Here are highlights from Elle:
- On her family: “The children became the shooting stars of him, of that thing we have. How lucky we are that we love each other so much that we burst into three pieces.”
- On behind the scenes with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Matt Damon: “Those boys! I was the only girl there. One day George Clooney put these giant potted trees in front of my door so that I couldn’t get out to work. I pride myself on being punctual! You didn’t want to leave your camera lying around, either, people were breaking into each other’s rooms, taking them, and let’s just say you didn’t want your mom picking up your photos at Walgreens! Photos of unidentifiable body parts.”
- On working with directors: “I’m always asking those guys to tell me what they want. The same with George Clooney. ‘Name it for me,’ I tell him, ‘and I’ll do it."
To see what Julia has to say about plastic surgery in Hollywood, just read more.
- On her acting skills: "I have no acting technique. And there’s nothing more boring than actors sitting around talking about acting.”
- On plastic surgery in Hollywood: “It’s unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where women don’t even give themselves a chance to see what they’ll look like as older persons. I want to have some idea of what I’ll look like before I start cleaning the slates. I want my kids to know when I’m pissed, when I’m happy, and when I’m confounded. Your face tells a story… and it shouldn’t be a story about your drive to the doctor’s office.”