Yield: 12 servings | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 1 hour
Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Cider Bread that is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Pick up some local cider and get baking!
* = good source of fiber
Use organic ingredients when possible
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup pumpkin puree *
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Grade B maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour *
- ½ cup ground flaxseed *
- 2 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries *
- ½ cup chopped pecans *
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, orange zest, vanilla, and reduced cider.
4. Add the flour, flax, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices. Mix well and add the pecans and cranberries until just combined.
5. Transfer batter into greased loaf pan and baked in the middle of the oven for one hour, or until tester comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan and then slice.
Dig this recipe? Sign up for updates…it’s FREE! Sign me up!
Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 198
- Total Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
- Sodium: 162 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 23 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 5 g