These vegan pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are perfect for fall and are only 90 calories per cookie.
- 1 cup spelt flour (all purpose flour will work too)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup sucanat or other raw, natural sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips or carob chips
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Stir together dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
Mix together wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, flaxseed and vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Stir in ¼ cup chocolate chips. Mix well.
Drop rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers. Cookies won’t spread very much so you can space them about 1 inch apart.
Bake for 15-16 minutes.
Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or transferring to a storage container for later consumption.
Serving size: 1 Cookie Calories: 90 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 15 Sugar: 2 Protein: 1
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American