Vienna in particular is known for many things, such as the Habsburg dynasty, fine classical music, the Veinna Boy’s Choir, exquisite architecture… and sacher tortes.
At least that's what I remember from my trip in 2011. The torte has been around since 1832. It’s a chocolate cake covered with a thin layer of apricot jam… oh, and then covered again with more chocolate. What's not to love?
- 1/3 cup chopped apricots
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts and almonds (or whichever you’ve got)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (probably not necessary – tried to bring out the tart in the apricots)
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (or 1 TBS if you want it extra chocolaty)
- 8 dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Whip it all up in a food processor.
- Form into balls.
- Seal and store in fridge quickly… before you gobble them all up.
Be sure to check out my blog for other great recipes and meal/snack ideas! Love, Sweat, & Beers (http://lovesweatbeers.com)