Selma Blair didn't hold anything back when she sat down with Elle UK for their March issue. On top of talking about her work, she was brutally honest about being single now that she's split from Matthew Felker. We've always loved Selma the indie fashionista, but it turns out that she's much more than that — she's also a pony lover looking to date a rich older man. Who knew? Here are highlights:
- On her marital status: "Yes, I'm single again. I have very little faith that I'll ever find someone. I've had bad luck and I've made some bad choices — not in men, but in how I've chosen to deal with relationships. Maybe I need to date someone older. I've always dated younger men. Not on purpose. I love European men — British men. Maybe what I need is an older, British investment banker. "
- On being a fashion icon: "Anyone who wear a brand name on a red carpet is a fashion icon now. It makes me want to not shop. I just shop in my friends' closets and pull things that are not vintage, not chic, not anything."
To see what Selma says about her career, her love of acting crazy, and her hobbies just read more
- On why she's not a leading lady: "It's because I look different from most people. I'm really a character actress. I'm willing to play anything. I've probably made it more difficult by not choosing a set path or playing all romantic comedy roles."
- And why she's okay with that: "I get cast in character roles because I don't look like a leading lady. Maybe in Europe, I'd be like Samantha Morton or Charlotte Gainsbourg. But I didn't choose my quirky character — it chose me. I don't have the face to constantly radiate leading lady energy. There is only one Reese Witherspoon. There is only one Julia Roberts. I don't fit that mould. And you know what else? I don't want to."
- On acting crazy: "I am a loose cannon! It's true. People think I'm drunk even when I'm not — which is why I don't go to clubs in this town. I say whatever I think and most people don't know what to make of it. It's not always cool. I prefer it when someone's not afraid to look like a fool. That's the kind of guy or girl I want to hang with. Someone not so polished."
- On her hobbies: "I just landscaped my house, so now I can have parties, although I'm not much of a hostess. I'm pretty reclusive, actually. I love to figure skate. And one of these days, I'm going to buy a horse and go back to riding. I like hotels, like this one. I have to sit outside most places because I always bring my one-eyed Jack Russell, Wink. I pick up stray dogs and find homes form them. And now I'm single, I'm just reconnecting with all my friends. I also love to write, I'm toying with the idea of writing a book."
She's one of the few celebrities who may actually be able to pen an interesting book and until then we'll continue to enjoy her fabulous style and quirky characters. Plus, we always have a soft spot for fellow Jack Russell lovers.