Taylor Swift flashes a coy smile and an edgy look for the April issue of Elle. Inside she reveals who she thinks is hot: Taylor Lautner, which suggests the interview took place before their December split. She also talks about her good girl reputation and tendency to turn heartache into lyrics for her Grammy-winning songs. Click for more photos and here are highlights:
- On who she thinks is hot: “Um, well…Taylor Lautner.”
- On whether she’s really "fearless": "I overthink everything. I overanalyze everything."
- On media scrutiny: "I’ve had countless opportunities to do some really bad things. And then people start combing through everything I do trying to find the next mistake and misperception, which leads to more scrutiny. Like, if I go to a bar, even if I’m not drinking, who’s to say that a source isn’t going to say that I was doing something I shouldn’t have been doing? So it’s not only about your own moral compass, but the moral compasses of other people that you don’t know."
- On yearning to visit Nashville as a child: "I just got it into my head that there was this magical place that I needed to go to because that was where dreams come true."
- On sourcing material from her romantic relationships: "I like to categorize the various levels of heartbreak. I’ve only had that happen once. A letdown is worth a few songs. A heartbreak is worth a few albums."