Too Good Paleo Banana Bread
3 very ripe bananas
5 Medjool dates
5 Tbsp warm water
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
unsweetened coconut flakes for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In your food processor, combine the dates and warm water. Make sure to pit your dates first, or else this step will make a lot of noise and be very frustrating. Process until you have formed a nice date paste. Add the bananas and vanilla and process until just combined.
- Pour the banana mix into a bowl and add your coconut oil, and eggs– mix until evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet while constantly stirring.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle some coconut flakes on top for garnish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until edges have browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, and enjoy with some pastured butter on top!
For more pictures and delicious paleo recipes, visit my website, www.friskylemon.com!