Being pregnant with my 2nd little bambino, I have found myself streamlining all the so-called essentials we are bombarded with when we find out we are newly pregnant. So I thought hard of what I can not live without and created my ultimate list of 5 Pregnant Mama Must-Haves'!!! Enough about baby registries- these are what mommy needs to survive and ENJOY the incredibly life-changing months of pregnancy!!
1. Girl short panties from Commando. Sorry, but as soon as I got pregnant the thongs got packed away in the closet. Now I crave soft and seamless- with enough fabric to cover and support my swollen cha-cha. (I know I am not alone on this!!! Plenty of conversations over mocktini's with pregnant girlfirends have been on this subject!!)
2. Blanqi Bodystyler I knew I wanted it with my first, just had to wait for my 2nd! ;) Shaping support when pregnant- now that's just a no-brainer!! It is worn under the bust so you wear your own bra (I have gotten boobilicious and had to replace my bra size just about every other month so far), worn over unbuttoned pre-pregnancy jeans (which is amazing!!! have not bought one pair of expensive maternity denim yet) and lifts my belly bump so I can actually breath and not have a back ache while walking around) Totally an essential that replaces the belly bands & support bands, while extending your fashionable wardrobe.
3. Kitten Heels from Fornarina or Jessica Simpson. They are only 1-2" high, but just enough to make me feel a bit more fashionable and polished than flats, yet don't kill my back. Actually there was a study supporting this heel height as it took the right amount of pressure off the hips and back when pregnant! Plus those brands seem to designed much more comfortable than most heels. :)
4. Lip gloss!!!! Most women 'eat' over 9lbs of lipstick in their life- just from licking their lips!! So I am all over Josie Maran's line of cosmetics! As my face keeps getting a bit more round and my cheekbones disappear, I have found investing in some good lip plumping gloss makes me feel like I am balancing it all out. hahahha-so I know this could all be an illusion, but I say do whatever it takes to make yourself FEEL better!!
5. Refillable water bottles. We all know drinking water is vital when pregnant, but it is so easy to get wrapped up in the day forgetting when and how much to drink. I start every morning filling up about 4-5 stainless steel water bottles and popping them in my fridge. It is easy to grab one as I run out the door, and it allows me to know when I have not drank enough. May not work for everyone, but works for me! :)
So these are my favorites that I can not live without! Maybe you agree, love 'em or can think of a zillion more.....xoxox Valerie
(Valerie on the right several months ago newly pregnant)
The Commando girl shorts and BLANQI bodystyler are available with free shipping here-