Hands down, the photo booth is one of the most fun parts of any wedding. It's a time to get downright silly and capture the best moments of the celebration. What makes a photo booth even better? The perfect backdrop that will impress guests the instant they see it. From elegant (think succulents) to bold (bright pops of color), we've rounded up some genius backdrops that you can re-create yourself. No matter your type of event (indoor, outdoor, daytime, nighttime), these picks will keep the smiles coming all party long.
Just because you're on a budget doesn't mean every bridesmaid has to get a set of faux pearls. In fact, we found 10 fantastic decor picks that will have your girls saying "I love it!" and really meaning it. Since gifts are not one size fits all, feel free to mix and match. There is something for everyone here, so go ahead and click through to see our foolproof picks!
With emerald being Pantone's color of the year, green has definitely hogged the color spectrum spotlight. Still, it's emerald's cooler cousin we're eyeing: mint. With its soft hue, it's perfect for springtime and can easily go glam when paired with white and gold. We've gathered some of our favorites from around the web to showcase this fresh hue.
- Wishbone Chair ($855): With its unique shape (plus a handwoven seat), it's no wonder how this chair got its name.
- Matte Mint Bud Vase ($20): We can just see it now — all of those soft-hued flowers that will perfectly complement this handmade vase.
- I Am a Rock Lamp Finial ($65): Give your lamp a special touch with this stunning stone accent that's guaranteed to stand out.
- Green Herbs Scented Candle ($17): Embrace the mint color trend while filling your home with the smell of nature's best with this coveted candle.
- Viceroy Mint Cylinder Lamp ($306): Everything about this lamp, with its mint-and-gold geometric base, screams glamour.
- Family Wall Art Quote ($17): Freshen up your desk space or entryway with a poster that'll bring on the smiles.
- "Simply Anna" Teacup ($40): The contrasting mint and white colors, the gold rim — what's not to love about this teacup?
- Polkamania Hook Rug ($170): This handmade rug is all about ushering in some floor fun, be it for your home office or living room.
- Mint Salt and Pepper Shaker Set ($5): Shake up mealtime with this sweet set in a subdued mint-green color.
- Baroque Pillow ($223): Punch up your sofa with this graphic, embroidered, and elegant pillow.
We love having houseplants around, but they never seem to last very long under our care. In honor of black thumbs everywhere, we've rounded up five (very) low-maintenance options that will take more than a little neglect to kill.
Les Misérables is a shoo-in for an Oscar nomination in the production design category. The film, based on the musical and novel by Victor Hugo, takes place in 1800's Paris and is notable for the development of its characters and scenes depicting revolution-era France. With production designer Eve Stewart behind the wheel (she also worked on The King's Speech) there's no shortage of breathtaking backdrops and colors that make the film just as much about design as about love and war. Here, see how you can get the look yourself, minus the suffering.
Swapping out a lampshade can immediately update the look of any room. Make that a lampshade in a graphic pattern, and you've got yourself an instant makeover. There's no need to be intimidated by geometric prints though — whether you're looking for bold colors or a more muted design that still packs a punch, we've got you covered with a variety of picks.
While many people are enjoying a day off from work, we're celebrating all the President's Day sales going on! Whether you're in the store or online, get great deals on items for every room in your home all weekend long. Hurry before Tuesday comes around!
- ABC Home: Snag a bargain on various items on sale in departments like accents, kitchen, lighting, and furniture.
- Ballard Designs: It's not technically called a President's Day sale, but we still think it's worth pointing out. Get 15 percent off all indoor rugs and everything that can hang on your wall until Feb. 25.
- Ikea: Check flyers for one-day-only listings all weekend long. One example: $10 for a shelving unit.
- Macy's: Get 10 percent off home items in-store and online and 25 percent off clearance items online only. Plus, enjoy 15 percent off and free shipping when you spend more than $99. Use the code PRES at checkout for all the savings.
- Pottery Barn: Save up to 60 percent on hundreds of items, including furniture, rugs, and bedding, through Monday.
- Restoration Hardware: Get $100 off when you spend $500 and use the code SAVE100 at checkout.
- Z Gallerie: Save 15 percent off furniture, art, vases, mirrors, and accessories until Monday using two different codes: PRES15 for art and accessories; PRESFURN15 for furniture.
The Anna Sui 2013 Fall collection could only be described as fun, and with its deep hues and retro '60s flair, we can absolutely see why. Even though you might not have been at New York Fashion Week, you can still see the looks up close and personal — with 7 picks for your home. Inspired by the colorful runway show, we've gathered candy-striped chairs, fuchsia light pendants, and more for you to shop right this second.
Sunburst mirrors have been on the scene for a while now — and for good reason. Designed after rays of sun, they brighten up indoor spaces that might not get much light. But these accents aren't always cheap, as you can see from this beautiful but costly brass Oly Studio Fiona Mirror that comes in at a steep $1,665.
Thankfully, we found an option that makes just as big a statement but costs way (we're talking way) less
An eye-catching headboard is the ultimate bedroom statement piece. Believe it or not, there are more headboard styles out there than we can count, so we've whittled down — and broken down — the top 10 on our list right now.
Many of us use our phones to get out of bed, but there's something to be said for traditional alarm clocks. They're reliable, they have just one job (unlike your phone), and they make for stylish accents on a bedside table. Here, 13 clocks, from vintage to modern, to help ease the pain of waking up early.
Nothing we can do about bed head, sorry.
No matter what people say, a vase isn't just a vase. Sure, they all do the same job, but some certainly stand out more than others. With their unique textures and designs (totem poles! horns!), here are some of our flower-holding favorites.
The MoMA store is known for both its classic and cutting-edge items, and now you can pick up a few of its popular items at a discounted price. From traditional pieces like a 2013 art calendar to more modern ones like puzzle cubes and, yes, a magnetic hammer, these pieces reflect what the Museum of Modern Art is all about.
If there's one thing we can't get enough of, it's color — bright, bold hues — especially in the Winter. Brighten up your day and your space with these pint-sized accents that are functional, space-saving, and anything but boring.
From adventurous color palettes to enviable architectural details, our favorite homes of 2012 were over-the-top inspirational. Keep reading for a look inside our 13 most memorable house tours of the past year — that's one for every month of the year plus another for good luck!
Whether you're over it or still inspired by it, one thing's for sure: tribal prints have made their mark and aren't going anywhere. Luckily, you don't have to travel far to bring worldly, inspired pieces into your home — just shop these 10 picks to keep your wanderlust at bay.
Now that the Christmas cards and heaps of greenery have started to come down, ready your mantel with accessories for the remaining Winter months. We're talking about a look that's toned down compared to the holiday hoopla but still reflective of the season in metallics and whites.
The bedroom is the most intimate room in the house, where comfort is king, and style is at its most personal. We love them all, whether they're clean and white or moody and luxe! Take a look at some of our favorites from 2012.