What do Ryan Gosling and Stress Ball Paul have in common? They're both ready and willing to help ease the pain of a breakup. For a friend who's going through the hard time, get her one of these awesome, sometimes-silly gifts. Whether she's the dumper or the dumpee, the finds will put a band-aid on her heart and a smile on her face. Get clicking, and let the girls' nights begin!
If there's one fail-proof source of entertainment online, then consider it the Missed Connections posts on Craigslist, where people declare their love for strangers they've encountered in passing. Sure, there are some really adorable ads, but let's be honest: we
troll browse the section for the utterly ridiculous postings that give us a laugh. Here are a few of our favorites that need no introduction, and to make them even better, we've paired them with awesome pictures to tell the story. You're welcome.
You: gorgeous with blue eyes. Me: in your dumpster. -w4m
"You're hot. I mean, one of the hottest guys I've seen in Portland, easily. If you'd found me on a fun night out, when I'd had a few drinks in me and a lot more makeup on me, I'd have marched right up to you and told you so. But alas, dear missed connection, you found me in the trash.
You said hi, and I locked up and spewed a weak 'what's up?' What the f*ck, brain? You muttered something about cleaning house and dumped a terrarium containing one dessicated cricket. I thought about asking if your pet died, but the socially conscious portions of my brain told me that would be a bad idea. Maybe your pet was the cricket? I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm willing to comfort you with open legs.
Also, I found a cup containing $9. Buy you a drink?"
Whether you grew up in the '80s or not, one thing's for sure: the music from that decade features plenty of upbeat tunes to get down to, especially if you have a wedding — and wedding reception playlist — to plan. If you're looking to bring a good time (and some dance-offs) to your big day, then we've got the ultimate playlist for you. From "Mickey" to Madonna and Michael Jackson classics, check out the songs that are guaranteed to get guests up off their feet all night long.
As much as we love Summer, the hot season does come with its drawbacks. Namely, the pressure to rock a bikini at the drop of a dime. There's no reason to feel insecure in the body department, though, since there's more to life than just diet and exercise. Because we all need a little reminder every now and then, we've rounded up these awesome art prints from Etsy as a little pick-me-up. The next time a pool party invite rolls around, just think of our friend the rioting cat, grab your towel, and head out the door.
Now that you know what to include on your business cards, it's time to choose a design. But don't get lost in a sea of same-looking rectangle cards. Here, we've rounded up some supercreative ideas (we're talking nail file matchbooks!) straight from Instagram. Trust us when we say they're guaranteed to get you noticed.
The words "Summer" and "beach" might as well be synonyms, because nothing is better than hanging seaside when the temps heat up. It's as if all the other months of the year revolve around the days we can soak up the sun and lounge with a drink in hand. But if you don't live close to the waves or can't hop on a plane to get there, don't worry — you don't have to settle for a case of FOMO (fear of missing out). Just bring the beach home! Before you think it's too difficult or utterly ridiculous, check out these simple tips. Before you know it, all your friends will be beelining it to your place. Beach party, anyone?
Set the Scene With Decor
Tropical pillows, nautical blues, coral accents, breathable linens — they're all the makings of a beachy abode. Think of other touches that scream "Summer," like bringing hammocks and lanterns indoors if you don't have a backyard.
When it comes to weddings, the fun factor should be in full force. And there's perhaps no better way to up the atmosphere than with bright, colorful rainbow touches. Whether you're throwing an LGBT ceremony this gay pride month or looking to have the most memorable wedding ever, let these vibrant details be an inspiration for your big day. Rainbow cake? Check. Rainbow ribbons? Done. Click on for incredible ideas that will take your wedding from nice to noteworthy.
There's nothing in life like a best friend — someone who keeps all your secrets and can make you laugh till your tummy hurts. Celebrate her (or him) on June 8 for Best Friend Day by making more memories together. Ahead, check out budget-friendly ideas that are so affordable, you won't feel bad about doing more than one in the same day. Cheers to our wonderful BFFs!
- Have a picnic at the park made entirely of sweets baked at home.
- Tour museums on their free days.
- Get competitive at your own game night.
- Go for a scenic run or hike together.
- Get sucked into a movie marathon with your favorite films from childhood.
- Belt out some karaoke at home.
- Grab your favorite magazine and take part in an article club.
- Roll up your sleeves and have your own painting party.
- Get dolled up by doing your own hair and makeup makeovers.
- Try out fun and daring nail art with each other's approval.
- Host a music swap and dance to your favorite jams all night.
- Volunteer at a local shelter or community space together.
- Pretend you're a tourist in your own city and visit landmarks.
- Get lost among books at the library or bookstore.
- Go wine tasting — at home.
- Explore a flea market or thrift store.
- Ride your bikes or go roller blading by the beach.
- Cook your favorite recipes and try new ones.
- Stop by the open mic night at a local bar.
- Take a free dance class and laugh at each other's serious attempts.
- Visit a playground and pretend you're a kid on the swings again.
- Model for an at-home photo shoot.
- Try a really cool upcycling project.
- Turn your place into a spa and indulge in some relaxation.
- Watch an entire TV series in one sitting.
- Attend a free fashion and beauty event in your city.
- Join an intramural sports team and practice together.
- Invite other friends over for a sewing party.
- Have a sleepover in your jammies, third-grade style.
- Find a free poetry reading or improv show nearby.
- Visit a local carnival and hop on the rides.
- Check out the upcoming street fair.
- Exchange clothes you hardly wear anymore and leave with a new wardrobe.
When it comes to companies and gay rights, Chick-Fil-A gets plenty of attention for its opposition to same-sex marriage. Yet many major companies strongly support the movement, from tech giants to your favorite clothing retailers. In honor of LGBT Pride Month, which kicked off last week, get to know the brands that openly voice their alliance. There's no shortage of businesses — we're talking about Starbucks and at least 300 others — but here are eight with some pretty compelling campaigns. Check 'em out now!
Whether you like it or not, the business card is an art. It's how people remember you when they can't recall a face, and it's an immensely important part of self-branding. What you do — and don't — include on that tiny piece of paper says a lot about your work. Not sure where to start? Just check out this easy guide and get passing 'em out.
What to Put
- Name: This gets a "duh," but how could we leave it out?
- Contact info: Aside from a phone number and email address, these days "contact" info includes social handles from sites like Twitter and Instagram.
- Website: Your own personal URL, or that of your employer, is a must.
- Your position: If you aren't tied to a certain job or company, then listing your specialty — such as "graphic designer"— is essential.
- Logo: If you or your company has one, then be sure to include it so you're consistent with the rest of your image and branding.
What Not to Put
- Your fax number: Do people still use fax machines?
- Past job experience: Save that for LinkedIn.
- Gimmicky taglines: "The wo(man) with a plan" will not score you points.
- Vague title: "Caretaker" could mean babysitter, for all we know.
- Pictures: Depending on your profession, you could stand out as a face to remember, or for having a business card that looks like a realtor's ad.
- Address: If you work at a company or field in which people will likely mail you products or samples, then this is a smart move. Otherwise, let them get in touch virtually.
If you're the type of person whose music tastes are a little more eclectic, chances are you're looking for some indie rock songs to play at your wedding. Luckily, we've got you covered so you don't have to search through Spotify to compile the perfect guide. Here, check out love tunes from your favorite bands and some lesser-known names you might not be familiar with. Some are romantic enough for the first dance, and others are a bit more upbeat for other parts of the event. Click through for ideas and to listen to each song.
Some people brainstorm ways to go abroad like it's their day job (and who can blame 'em?). If that sounds anything like you, then chances are you're itching for a trip that lasts more than just a few days. Why not take that itch seriously and look into different opportunities to go abroad? Whether that means getting a certification in Bali or earning another degree in Paris, there are plenty of reasons to hop on a jet plane and enjoy the great big world we live in. Get started with the click of a button!
LGBT Pride Month is upon us, and that means it's time to get your pride parade on! Dress your best for all the festivities going down in the coming weeks by getting all decked out in — what else? — rainbow colors. We're talking bow ties, beaded necklaces, shoes, suspenders, and more. Show your support while rockin' the bright colors with these fab finds. All that's left is to get marching!
If a grade school teacher ever asked you to write a note to yourself and then actually mailed it to you several years later, you know how special opening that letter can be. It's as if all your memories from that time come rushing before you and you realize how much you've changed (or stayed the same). Why not gift that feeling to someone else? For the new grad in your life, a time capsule that captures her life as it is right now will be memorable for years to come.
While you could always buy one online, there's something special (and not to mention cost-saving) about putting together a time capsule kit yourself for the lady of the hour.
Here's what you'll need to gather:
- Pictures of her with her closest family and friends
- A cute pad for her to fill out what she studied and why, and other notes like her plans for the future (if you want her to see what's inside the capsule ahead of time)
- Letters from her family and friends that list their favorite memories with her from that year
- A copy of her favorite movie and song of the moment
- Her school paper (especially if she wrote any articles in it)
- A stub from her graduation ticket
- Her favorite hard candy
Put it all together in a box and voilà! Just like that, you've got yourself a meaningful gift that'll stand the test of time.
The friend zone is a tricky thing. So tricky, in fact, you may not even know when you're standing right in the middle of it. For all those times you've wondered where you stand, we're breaking down the signs that your crush just wants to be friends. Scratch that — these GIFs are breaking it down for you crystal clear. Get clicking and start facing the truth, whether it's good news or bad news (in which case, you deserve a hug).
With so many wedding cake options available, where do you even start? It's totally normal to feel overwhelmed, which is why we've done the work and rounded up the most beautiful, stunning cakes in existence. You'll find something for every taste, from supertraditional to ultramodern and everything in between. It's so hard to pick a favorite, but hopefully you'll find the look for you among the sweet inspiration. Get clicking, and start swooning!
You know the wedding-cost drill: you pay for the hotel and transportation, all the prewedding activities, and on top of that, you have to get the couple an expensive gift? While custom says you should at least cover the cost of your attendance (read: upward of $100), the reality is that not everyone can afford to go by that rule. But instead of showing up empty-handed, the good news is that you can give a meaningful gift that won't burn your wallet. We're talking awesome gifts that find for as little as $10. Thanks to Etsy, we've rounded up personalized treasures that the couple will actually use. The best part: they'll never be able to tell how much — or in this case, how little — you spent!
Following May's upfront presentations, we'd gotten word on whether our favorite shows will be returning or not, and today we got some late-breaking news that Hannibal has just been renewed for a second season too. If you still don't know the fate of the other shows you watch, start clicking. Find out if your favorite series have been dropped or picked up for another season now.
— Additional reporting by Shannon Vestal
Any bride knows the planning doesn't stop once all the guests have left. The wedding night has to be just as (if not even more) special. As one of her friends or bridesmaids, help her make the occasion memorable with finds that scream classy (not trashy), such as beautiful cover-ups and flirty chocolate ink. What do you get when posh meets passion? Gifts like these that certainly keep on giving.
It's no secret that taking breaks throughout the day is important to your productivity. But what to do if walking around the block three times isn't your thing? (Hey, it can take more time than you've got.) Here, some other ways to waste time — err, be more productive — and get your mind off the job.
- Go to the club in the middle of the day (yes, people do that )
- Water your sad-looking plant
- Practice your handwriting with a to-do list
- Raid the office kitchen
- Update your Google Plus cover photo
- Brainstorm Buzzfeed list ideas
- Sign up for a new email address so you can get Amazon Prime
- Have a laugh courtesy of hadonejob.com
- Organize paper clips by color
- Flag semi-important emails
- Alphabetize your notes
- Find new Pandora stations
- Join in on your neighbors' convo even though they weren't talking to you
- Unsubscribe from annoying reply-all emails (there IS a way)
Do you have any ideas of your own?