- The mask: Avocado is more than just an ingredient in cobb salad and guacamole. To nourish your hair and add shine, simply mash up an avocado, apply to your hair, and let sit for about 30 minutes. Wash out with shampoo, then condition.
- Hear you roar: When it comes to shine-enhancing brushes, you can't go wrong with a natural boar bristle brush, which helps to smooth the cuticle and distribute sebum throughout your locks.
- Glossy gal: What I like most about this Salon Glaze ($28) from Frédéric Fekkai, is that it's not only conditioning, but there is no mixing or cleanup involved.
- Pomade to your aid: When I'm in a hurry and my hair's looking a little lackluster, I just dab the tips of my fingers in some pomade and rub it on my dryer ends. I finish off by running any remaining product through the rest of my hair, as to not weigh it down. Try John Masters Organics Hair Pomade ($20).
- Read the label: While dimethicone, a form of silicone, works great to bring shine to the hair, it's a bit more difficult to wash out of the hair. Look for water-soluble dimethiconol, found in Redken Glass Smoothing Serum ($18).
Image Source: WireImage