Here's a look at another one of our Spring Peeks. All the starlets, models and singers are wearing the universally flattering look of loose waves & center parts. No more straight irons and no more stressing about perfect looking hair - yay!
This Spring, just relax and let your natural waves come out. Dare to wear your hair with a little bit of volume and some body. Here's how to get this great look that appeared on the recent runways of Bill Blass, Chloe and Victoria's Secret.
For do it yourself products and instructions,
- Apply a volumizing solution to your roots such as Bumble & Bumble Tonic Spray Lotion, $22.99 Aveda Volumizing Tonic, $16.99 or Alterna Life Volumizing Spray Mousse,$21 if you have thin or fine hair.
- Next, divide your hair into many different sections and secure each section with clips. Be sure and create a straight center part from the get-go.
- Dry your hair until it's only a little bit damp. Hold the dryer facing downward (from roots to ends), to create a smoother finished product.
- Take a large barrelled curling iron on the lowest heat setting and begin curling with the underneath pieces of hair. Skinny curling irons will give you tight curls while a larger barrelled iron will create loose waves. Take one section of hair and wrap it around the iron working your way up toward your roots. Tip: Don't open the iron; just wind your hair around the barrel.
- Hold the hair around the iron for about 30 seconds and unwind it manually. Repeat this action for each section of your hair.
- When you are finished, you will be tempted to take a brush or a comb to your hair, but don't do it! Allow your fingers to separate and relax the curls into waves.
- Lastly, shake your hair out gently and then spritz it with one of these fabulous hairsprays.