I've just discovered Amplify, a product line from Matrix. It's been around for a few years, and five new products have just been added to the range. This hair care range features shampoos, conditioners and styling products that help create fuller and thicker locks.
The newest products I have just tried are from the Amplify Styling Collection and they're pretty fabulous. These products have been developed to increase the thickness and diameter of each hair strand.
The first time I ever heard of a product like this was when Frederic Fekkai came out with his MORE Hair Care System. The difference here is while Fekkai's product releases doses of niacin to your hair each day, it also tightens up the hair follicles to give hair the appearance of being fuller. In contrast, Amplify coats each hair to make it look thicker and more voluminous. The other difference is that Amplify costs much less.
To read more about each of the five products (three new items and two reformulates faves), read more
- ThickLift Liquid Volumizer ($14.95) is a heat-activated complex that helps strengthen and thicken fine, thinning, limp hair.
- Full Body Texturizer ($14.95) is a non-aerosol texturizing product that adds density, thickness, body and volume to the hair.
- Color XL Conditioner ($13.95) is a weightless conditioner that helps create volume and shine. It's safe for color and chemically treated hair.
- Foam Volumizer ($14.95) is an existing product that has been reformulated to provide hair with volume and hold.
- Hairspray ($14.95) is a fine-mist hairspray that offers strong hold to hair. This is great for creating lots of full-bodied styles. It prevents hair from getting static-y, it shields hair from humidity and it leaves a hair looking healthy and shiny.