With so many skin care products on the market these days, how can you possibly decipher what the best are to use on your face? So many of you write me and ask specifically about the purpose and function of facial serums, so I thought I'd create another BellaSugar Guide to help better explain this specific type of product.
Serums are stronger than moisturizers because they contain up to seventy percent of active ingredient(s). An active ingredient is the primary ingredient used to correct a problem and/or to enhance the complexion. Daytime moisturizers generally contain three to five percent active ingredient(s), and night creams contain anywhere from ten to fifteen percent active ingredient(s).
Check out my five-post list on facial serums to help you figure out what types of serums are best suited for your skin.
- Natura Bisse Diamond Drops
- La Prairie 24K Gold Flecked Face Serum
- Serums, Serums Everywhere! Part I: Lifting & Energizing
- Serums, Serums Everywhere! Part II: Vitamin C Boosters
- Serums, Serums Everywhere! Part III: Hydrating Serums