I've written about my favorite lip balms before, but a year and a half has passed and I've got some newbies in the mix that I seriously can't live without. Lip balms are one of my all-time favorite products because they feel good and they provide instant relief all year round. Here are my top five picks (for now). What's your favorite?
- This small, silver Molton Brown Vitamin Lip Saver ($18) is odorless and flavorless. It spreads easily, penetrates deeply and I often find it missing in my guy's dopp kit!
- Some drugstore brands have got it right! This cool, roller-ball Blistex Cherry Splash ($2.89) is sweet, thin-textured and fast absorbing to correct dryness and chapping.
- Bobbi Brown Extra ($55) is the most expensive salve of the bunch, but it works wonders on my cuticles, elbows hands and on my lips. I can't seem to stay away from the subtle geranium smell and thick shea butter formula.
- Lancome's Baume Baiser ($25) came out as part of the Mystery Game collection. Although it's no longer in stock, you can still find a few of these indulgent padded soft rose-marshmallow scented lip balms online in the UK (and have it shipped).
- A year and a half later, one of my faves is still the amazingly nourishing Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($22.50). It lasts long, it's thick, it smells amazing, and I'm the first to admit that I'm a sucker for the cool screw-top cover.