Nude lip glosses are the end all, be all of makeup because they're so versatile. They can be worn on a bare face, with a dark or metallic smoky eye or with a touch of blush and mascara. They've been one of the top beauty trends among celebrities and It girls for the past few years and it doesn't seem like this pale lip look is going anywhere.
Below, I've listed my all-time top five favorite nude glosses — and let me just say, these were not slim pickings. There are so many to choose from, but I based my decision on color versatility, texture and scent. What's your top pick for nude lip gloss?
- Besame Cosmetics Enchanted Lip Glaze in Latte ($23) is a thick, creamy and sweet vanilla-scented gloss that leaves lips feeling moisturized and looking off-the-charts shiny.
- Scott Barnes Lip Slick in Suggestive ($22) is an over-the-top creamy lipsticky-lipgloss. It's a favorite of Jennifer Lopez and Kate Hudson and is available in five nude shades to suit all skin tones.
- Laura Mercier in Petal ($22) is a rich, opalescent, beigy-pink shade that lasts long and has been recently re-formulated with a hint of vanilla. The shine is brilliant and the neutral color makes it a makeup case staple.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lip Gloss in Quartz ($16) has remained one of my favorite glosses for over a year because of its smooth, non-tacky texture and wearable color. It's by far the palest of the nudes listed, and looks beautiful over a neutral lipstick or worn alone.
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Beige Velvet ($24.50) is a shiny, light-reflecting nude-pink lip gloss that blends into the color of your lips. This is my go-to gloss for subtle daytime color.