Do you need a new fragrance for the season? Technically, no — but who are we kidding? Of course you do. Fall's new scents have something for everyone, whether you're looking for a rum-tinged lily perfume or an uncommon take on rose. Keep reading to see what's new, what you might like, and why we're crazy for these new perfumes.
Although the petals have wilted outdoors, you can enjoy a Winter garden with these feminine and flowery scents.
1. Shiseido Zen Secret Bloom  ($68) is a sensual take on the original Zen's fresh floral blend. Here, the fragrance warms up with notes of jasmine, vanilla, patchouli, and freesia.
2. Parfum d'Extase  ($85), the first scent from Marchesa, has a prominent iris bouquet. It's topped with violet, jasmine, and lotus to leave a light powdery finish.
3. Balenciaga Florabotanica  ($95) is the floral for women who think they don't like florals. Carnation, mint, and amber combine for an earthy, complex interpretation of rose. A must smell.
4. Water lily, rose, peony, and gardenia are just a few of the floral notes that give Michael Kors Rose Gold  ($98) a robust yet sophisticated smell.
A Fresh Start
Fall doesn't always mean going for warmer fragrances. Consider these energetic, bright scents a pick-me-up when the days turn shorter.
1. Gucci Premiere  ($63-$87) opens with a heady burst of bergamot. White flowers and musk are at the heart of the scent, with hints of smoky leather — a nod to Gucci's heritage — providing a rich base.
2. Donna Karan's latest fragrance, Woman  ($85), feels clean and sophisticated thanks to orange flower, Haitian vetiver, and sandalwood.
3. Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme  ($77) is a reincarnation of the original scent. Top notes of tangerine lead into jasmine before finishing off with marshmallow and sandalwood.
4. Nicole Richie  took notes from her mother for her first scent, Nicole  ($55-69). The vanilla, amber, and cashmere scents she grew up with are prominent, but the blackberry and papyrus additions make it modern — and surprisingly pleasant for a celebrity endeavor.
Dark and Dusky
If you only knew the power of the dark side: deep, rich, spicy scents of the season.
1. Chanel Coco Noir  ($98) erupts with the spicy scent of bergamot and then bleeds into jasmine and rose florals. Finally, it settles into a deep sandalwood. Warm, alluring, and very autumnal.
2. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire  ($80) begins with black cherry, which is complemented by rose before turning to a moody blend of licorice and black tea.
3. Tom Ford Lys Fume  ($205) is one of the designer's four Jardin Noir fragrances. White lily, amber, rum, and vanilla combine to create this wonderfully boozy, peppery oriental.
4. Finally, there's Lady Gaga 's much-anticipated Fame  ($55-$79). This black perfume has deep notes of belladonna, apricot, and jasmine. Spicy, seductive, strong.