As a long-time admirer of Bobbi Brown's no-nonsense approach to makeup, I knew I was in for some serious beauty education when I opened the bright fuchsia-colored cover of her fifth book, the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual.
Chock full of tips, the book proves that Brown knows her stuff. You'll have to pick up a copy to truly get a sense of her style and approach to beauty, but in the meantime, I've put together a list of my top eight favorites below:
- ACE it — Don't forget your antioxidant vitamins: A for aging, C for clarity, and E for environmental protection.
- Go lighter — When it comes to under-eye concealers, go one to two shades lighter than your foundation. If your under eye circles are rather dark, use a corrector before. Depending on your skin tone, pick a pale pink for the fairest skin to dark peach for the deepest toned skin.
- Set and forget — Set your concealer with powder (yellow toned for most, white for very fair) to actually prevent under-eye caking.
To see the rest, read more.
- Bye-bye blemish — Don't use your under-eye concealer to cover pimples. Dab on an oil-free cover stick in the same color as your foundation instead.
- Pop of blush — We all know to choose a blush shade that's the natural color of your flushed skin. so, if you find that your blush is fading too fast, perk it up by applying a bright pop of color over it.
- Choose your color — The best lip color will be about a shade deeper than your natural lip tone. You'll know it when you see it because your face will look brighter.
- Out of line — If you have dark under-eye circles, don't line them. Just conceal up to the lash line and apply mascara
- Black eye — Layer black liner on top of your everyday liner for a sexier look.