Did you know that makeup guru Bobbi Brown got her start in the industry as a graduate of a theatrical makeup program? How cool is that? Her fans know her makeup style is anything but over-the-top, as Brown has built her career off of a more natural-looking approach.
In December, she released the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual and at Fashion Week, she was responsible for creating the beauty look for Rachel Roy. Recently, she talked to Time Out New York, offering up her tips for being successful and happy. Check them out below:
- "My husband told me: Do what you’re good at and what you love, and let other people do the things you’re not good at and don’t love. I pinch our CFO when I see him, because he’s doing the numbers and I’m not."
- "The secret of work and life is simple — find something you like to do first and you’ll find out how to make money with it later."
- "Have long-term goals and minigoals. Always have a plan and reevaluate it regularly."
- "When you feel good, you look good. Make smart food choices, exercise, and drink water."
- "Brown’s offices used to be in a typical midtown building with low ceilings and fluorescent lights. 'You can’t be creative in that atmosphere,' she says. 'I’d be more creative sitting on the floor of Grand Central Station with my legs crossed.'"
Sounds like a good philosophy to me. Anything you'd add to Bobbi's list?