Perfumer Bond No. 9 makes fragrances that capture the essence of New York's distinct neighborhoods. And last month, this Big Apple-loving company announced that its latest fragrance, Brooklyn, would be encased in a glass bottle with graffiti-style, "street" artwork. They received many strong opinions on what the bottle could look like, so they took it to heart, deciding to offer more options by means of a fun, oh-so-artsy, contest.
Two winners will be chosen in the "Brooklyn Bottle Design Competition," and not only will their designs go into production, but their names will be displayed on the bottles, and each winner will receive one bottle of Brooklyn per month for a full year. Not too shabby. See the rules when you
- Create the design to fit within the outline of the Bond No. 9 superstar flacon and to include the circular “token” logo, downloadable on the Bond No. 9 website.
- Any style, whether abstract or figurative, will do.
- Inspiration should come from any concept or anywhere in Brooklyn.
- Any medium is fine, whether watercolor, acrylic, makeup, ballpoint pen, etc.
- The contest goes throughout the month of March. Finished designs should be submitted by March 31, 2009 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Bond No. 9, 9 Bond Street, New York, NY 10012. Have fun, and good luck!