Besides being a fantastic movie, The Princess Bride is classic, timeless and breathtaking. Think Grace Kelly, Countess Sophia and Jacqueline Kennedy. The princess is having a decadent and fairy tale style affair. This type of blushing bride is seeking a refined, polished look that will highlight and enhance her best features.
For a list of product ideas to help create the look of a beautiful princess bride,
- Primer: Begin your primping process with a face primer such as Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer, $38, in the color you deem best suited to help even out your skin tone.
- Concealer/Foundation: Next, apply something with medium matte coverage like Amazing Cosmetics Perfectly Amazing Kit, $107, which is a heavy concealer, a mineral powder foundation, loose powder a concealer brush, and an instructional DVD. This will ensure that your face starts off as a blank canvas for which you can then create your dream look on!
- Cheeks: For a princess look, I would use a medium powder blush on your cheeks such as Laura Mercier's Powder Blush in Wild Bouquet, $22. This is a versatile neutral-brown-rose color that can be layered for a deeper effect or brushed on lightly to just add some healthy color to your cheeks.
- Highlighter: Use a dab of cream shimmer such as Estee Lauder's Tender Blush Sheer Stick in Pearl, $25, in the inner corners of your eyes for a twinkly and brightening effect. Also, use a strike on the upper part of your cheekbones for a dewy look.
- Brows: Make sure that you don't neglect your brows. Here are a few kits that will ensure your brows will get the attention they deserve. Remember, don't go more than one shade darker than your hair color. Fill them in softly and blend well. You'll be astonished just how much this makes a difference.
- Eyes: This is where you can really play up a feature. I would choose shadows that best emphasize your eyes. For more on which colors to choose, click here. I suggest creating a very subtle version of the smoky eye in your palette of choice. For hazel and green eyes, I absolutely love Prisme Again Eyes in Purple Emotion, $50. Then add an eyeliner to your upper and lower lashes that is a similar color to your crease color (the dark one) and wet it for a more precise line. Finish with two coats of black mascara.
- Lips: Begin by lining your lips with a neutral liner such as Estee Lauder Artists Lip Pencil in Spice Writer, $19, followed by a medium hued pink lipstick like Lancome's New Color Design Lipstick in Swept Away, $21, (due out soon). Top off this gorgeous lip look with an ultra shiny and shimmery pink gloss such as Lancome's Color Fever Lip Gloss in Heatstroke . Viola! The princess is ready for her fairy tale wedding!