The following post was written by Margo, who blogs for the Glamazons Blog and is part of POPSUGAR Select Beauty. The Glamazons Blog features the fast-paced lives of two stylish New Yorkers, who, along with a team of contributors, report on everything beauty, entertainment, and fashion in the process.
There's nothing like a fabulous bridal shower to kick-start the Summer season. Whether you're the bride, a bridesmaid, or a guest, you'll realize that the key to looking glamazing for the festivities is to keep your look fun and simple (that includes fashion, too!). Here are some tips for a gorgeous natural look.
1. Add an even coat of makeup primer to a clean, moisturized face.
2. Depending on the amount of coverage you desire, a BB cream could do the trick of giving you light but ample coverage. If not, apply your normal foundation with a fluffy brush.
3. Next, apply a bronzer to the cheeks. Layer a peachy or light pink blush on top of the bronzer and blend for a sun-kissed finish.
4.Top it off with a loose translucent powder to set the look and minimize shine.
5. For the eyes, you can go matte or shimmery. For the most natural look, flesh tones are your best bet. Add a bit of a wow factor by tying in an eye shadow color from the wedding's theme.
6. Lightly line your eyelids with a dark kohl pencil and follow this with two coats of mascara.
7. Put your best pout forward with a pop of color like Glamazon Jessica, above. Don't be afraid to experiment. This is where you can really add an element of fun. Go for a vibrant lip stain or a bold lipstick or keep things neutral with a flesh-toned gloss.
Additional tips to enhance your bridal shower glam factor:
- If the bride has a fun color scheme, incorporate it into your makeup. You can play around with a fun-colored smoky eye or a lipstick in the themed color. (Don't do both at the same time. Remember keep it simple.)
- Don't be afraid to wear your hair up. An easy way to go glam in a couple of minutes is with a flirty bun or chignon. This look is perfect for girls on the go. Just pull your hair up into a high ponytail, twist the tail, wrap it around the base of the pony, and secure it with a few ponytails. Spice it up by leaving a one-and-a-half-inch section of hair out. Then braid it, wrap the braided portion around the base of the bun, and secure it with a bobby pin. Check out more updos here.
- Remember, it's not about you (unless you're the bride)! As much as it feels great to get all glammed up for a celebration with family and friends, the spotlight shouldn't be on you. Don't be too bold and flamboyant with your hair and makeup. You can always make a statement without being too loud.