Diablo Cody arrived at the Palm Springs International Film Festival last night looking gorgeously vintage glam, with a bright red lip and sizzling eyes. And most impressively, she managed to wear both without sacrificing her look's demure vibe. How can you pull off the same classic combination? To find out, just read more.
- Choose a matte lip shade. Whether you want a gorgeous rose red like Diablo's or a playful bright fuchsia, a shine-free texture allows you to wear highly pigmented colors without a lot of extra flash. You get all the impact with none of the unwanted glitz.
- Choose a lip color in the same family as your blush. This may seem like the logical thing to do anyway, but taking extra care to ensure that your blush and lipstick are related colors has two benefits: it makes the bright lip look more natural and brings together your entire palette.
- For eyeliner, go thin. Use a liquid liner or mini-pencil to create slender, linear swoops that emphasize the eye without making it look heavy. If you waterline the lashline as well, you'll intensify your look even further.
- Remember to keep your color bold and striking. If you're wearing a red lip, a dark black eyeliner is the best way to go, and if you're wearing a pink lip, try a brilliant turquoise or bright copper.
- Cover your lid in a neutral shade slightly darker than your natural skin tone to give your eyes more shape and depth without adding any extra, distracting color.