The 2008 Brit Awards took place last night in London. I pointed out noteworthy women with dewy skin earlier today, but the most eye-catching and edgiest makeup look of the evening had to be from English singer and songwriter Natasha Khan (aka Bat For Lashes).
While Londontown tends to bear many brave beauty looks, this striped eye and neck rainbow makeup is really off the wall. Having said that, I think it also happens to be a unique look for a costume party, Halloween or any event where you're looking to stand out in a crowd.
If more Brit Awards coverage is what you fancy, click here — and to find out how to create Natasha's striking stripes at home,
- Step 1: Make sure that you are in an area where you have good mirrors and lighting before you begin. You are going to need a firm makeup brush (try something like a synthetic concealer brush), liquid/gel eyeliner, or body paint (use as many colors as you like) and a cosmetic sponge.
- Step 2: Prime your skin. I suggest using a mattifying primer so that your pores won't show as much. Then, set the primer with translucent powder.
- Step 3: Hold the thin tip of the sponge lengthwise, set it on your face, and let your hand rest on it. This will help you draw a straight line and will help to keep your hand steady. Dip your clean and dry brush into the liner/paint and in one sweeping motion apply the color to your eye extending all the way to your hairline. Stop, dip your brush in again and draw the line from your hairline to your neck.
- Step 4: You may need to fill in the lines on your neck and that's ok, just make sure to use a steady hand. Let the color dry and then repeat as many times as necessary until you reached your desired number of stripes.
- Step 5: Using another edge of your sponge, clean up any mistakes, and then set the final look once again with a light dusting of translucent powder.