- Color options: If you have olive undertones, look for shades of soft copper, bronze, brownish-pink, or sheer amber. For yellow undertones, go with tan, gold, soft coral, or shimmery peach. And even if you have some coolness to your skin, the goal is still to get a warm, sun-kissed glow. Use a peachy- or rosy-toned bronzer for a brightening touch.
- Avoid: Light pinks and too-soft peaches, which have a tendency to wash out medium-toned skin.
- When in doubt: Go with a bronzer duo or multitonal formula to custom blend. Warm pinks and subtle golden flecks are almost always flattering options.
- Keep in mind: Use less product than you think you'll need. Nobody wants unnatural-looking results.
- To shimmer or not to shimmer? Avoid overly shimmery finishes if you have blemishes, fine lines, or wrinkles as these types of formulations can have a tendency to amplify them.
Image Source: Getty