PlantLove™ Botanical Lipstick by Cargo, $20, is so many different fabulous things all rolled into one. Cargo believes that saving the environment is imperative for protecting our future generations. They are donating two dollars from the profits of every tube of lipstick to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Here's more about the formula and the packaging:
- First there is the tube which is made out of corn. This means that it is 100% biodegradable and corn grows back in 100 days, not 100 million years which is what it takes to renew the petroleum that is usually used when made from plastic.
- Then there is the box which is made from eco friendly paper that contains seeds. All you have to do is wet the carton, plant it in a sunny place and wait for wildflowers to grow!
- Lastly there is the lipstick that contains soothing and nourishing shea butter, jojoba and meadowfoam seed oil. It glides on smooth and is infused with orchid so it smells good! The lipstick also contains no mineral oil or petroleum and is available in 12 shades.
To read about the five colors that were designed by "green" celebs,
- Evangeline: Evangeline Lily
- Lindsay: Lindsay Lohan
- Maria: Maria Menounos
- Mariska: Mariska Hargitay
- Sarah: Sarah Chalke