Wow, time's flying—it's hard to believe that it's already August! I'm looking forward to this month because it's the last hurrah of summer. It's time to pack as much beach time, alfresco dining and steamy nights as possible into the next four weeks. So I've got this practical/romantic thing going on: I found some great, no-fuss products that will keep you looking and feeling foxy with as little effort as possible.
To explore my picks,
- Since heat and humidity tend to put oil glands into overdrive, why not carry around some cute blotting papers? Chidoriya makes some adorable ones that are used by geisha and maiko.
- It's a high-profile month for fragrance launches, including Covet from Sarah Jessica Parker and Prada Infusion d'Iris. But my must-smell list begins with
Daisy Marc Jacobs, which may be his youngest, freshest scent yet.
- A good sunscreen is absolutely essential in August, because nobody feels sexy when they're nursing a sunburn. Skin Apparel Sunning is a SPF 30 lotion with conjugated linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid that protects skin from cancerous growth. Consider it a double-whammy against sun damage.
- Hot August days make me think of relaxing with a big slice of watermelon to cool off. When I'm not chowing down, I'm going to use Korres Watermelon body scrub, which exfoliates while leaving a fresh, melon-licious scent on skin.
- After wearing bright, bold hues all summer, I'm going to shift gears and go for a pale, beautiful pink on my toenails. Vinyl Deborah Lippmann in Get Together is so romantic and pretty.
- And for lips, I'm trying to track down Stila Lip Glaze in Mandarin Mist. The limited-edition color is selling out all over the place, most likely due to its sheer, flattering rosy color. So if you see it and like it, grab it quickly!
So tell me, what are your must-have items for August?