Welcome to part two of my Bella mini-series on the mini-facial, where I'll detail specific fast skin recovery routines for those mornings where a face wash just isn't enough. Sometimes your skin needs a little extra boost before you face the day, and we all know trying to mask a skin problem with makeup alone can make it worse. So, check out my tips for righting what went wrong overnight.
Scenario 2: Monday night is Booty-Shakin' 90s Karaoke Night at your favorite local watering hole, and you passed out with a face full of glitter. When you catch yourself in the mirror in the morning, you realize it's a day when Cetaphil just won't cut it.
Here's what to do:
- Remove all the makeup with a cleansing oil, like DHC Deep Cleansing Oil ($11). The oil attracts the oil from on your skin, whether it's from makeup or your pores.
- Take off any eye makeup that's left with eye makeup remover and cotton balls.
- Wash your face with an exfoliating cleanser. Try Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub ($5.84).
- Follow by dabbing on a gentle toner, like Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner ($10).
- Apply a light moisturizer and eye cream. Put on makeup as usual — but you may want to skip the glitter this time.