Celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann is known for creating some of the hottest nail polish shades around, and she creates plenty of manicures seen on the runways of Fashion Week (like these half-moon glitter nails from Badgley Mischka's Fall 2011 show).
Now that Spring 2012 New York Fashion Week has officially arrived, Lippmann is set to have perhaps her busiest year yet. For Spring 2012, Lippmann says she's looking forward to unveiling a custom blend she created for Tuesday's Rodarte show. But until then, here's an exclusive peek at what her Fashion Week looks like by the numbers. To see Lippmann's behind-the-scenes facts and stats, just keep reading.
- 6: shows worked on last NYFW
- 9: shows Lippmann is working on this season
- 9: weeks spent preparing for this week
- 6: maximum number of hours slept per night during NYFW
- 20 to 40: number of models who need manicures for any given show
- 2,000: number of bottles Lippmann and her team can go through during NYFW, including polishes given out in gift kits
- 14: average number of nail techs for a show
- Less than 10: average amount of time, in minutes, her team has to get a model ready for a show
- 6 to 50: number of colors considered before picking the final ones
- 90: estimated (and half-joking) percentage of designers who choose nail colors at the last minute