When I went to Bloomingdale's the other day, I was a really good girl—I just looked at all of the holiday collections and held off on buying anything. One that was really difficult to resist was Dior's Limelight collection, which uses some gorgeous colors to create a soft, shimmery look. Like Guerlain and MAC, it's heavy on the gold—but it's a soft gold, not a brassy one.
To find out about each of the limited-edition products,
- DiorLight Holiday Bright lip gloss ($90) is the biggest splurge of the bunch. It's a jeweled pendant that houses a bronzed pink lip gloss. It's also out of my budget, but Santa, if you're reading....
- Style Liner ($30) is a liquid eyeliner. It normally comes in black, but for the holidays, Dior has released a warm gold color called 24K Gold. It looks pretty, but unless you're going to wear a lot of gold eyeliner, it seems a little pricey to me.
- Crème de Gloss ($24.50) is a lip gloss with tiny sparkles. For the holidays, Dior has released it in Golden Glam.
- Diorshow Powder ($40) is a translucent shimmer powder. You can either dust it on your face or over your decolletage—which would be a stunning effect with a strapless dress.
- 5-Colour Eyeshadow ($52) in Amber Treasure is Limelight's penta-palette. (Like how I coined that term?) It has five shadows in cream, heathered lavender, light pink, buff and a warm bronze. If you're fair-skinned like this blonde model, it's probably a good fit. If your complexion is darker, I think it might be a little too light—I would recommend the Sweet Illusion palette instead, since its colors are richer.